We are a WordPress-based startup in the independent cinema and film ticketing industry, looking for an experienced full-stack php developer to collaborate with us on a large feature we will be adding to our WP Multisite-based SAAS.
You will be collaborating with our CTO and our third party app development partner to architect and build this feature.
We are a small, cloud-based team located in Southern California, and we work on Slack. With your application, please send a cover letter, resume, 1-3 relevant code samples and your hourly rate. References will be requested for selected candidates. We welcome diverse applicants.
Special consideration will be given to those who believe in the power of the moviegoing experience to bring us together, and have an interest in supporting independent cinemas. Bonus points if you tell us your favorite movie theater!
- Part-time, contract, remote
- Current Project duration: April through June 2019
- We are hoping to find someone who works well within our small team, and is open to working with us on an ongoing basis past June
- Professional experience with WordPress plugin development
- At least 2 years experience with object-oriented PHP7, Git, and MySQL
- Familiarity with composer, e-commerce payment gateways, nginx, php-fpm, linux command line, wp-cli
- Experience optimizing high-availability large-scale WordPress
- Passionate about writing clean, well-documented code that follows code style standards
- Comfortable collabrating within a team, including receiving and providing code reviews, QA’ing your own code and occasionally others’ code
- Able to work within an already-established code architecture
- Proven experience managing time and team communication in a remote work environment
- Based in North America
- Fluent in English