About this job
Please note remote candidates must be living and eligible to work in the USA.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help build a system that takes information from sensors on farm equipment and turns it into valuable insights for farmers. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Contribute to solving the real, meaningful problem of helping farmers be more efficient
- Work with cloud infrastructure at scale, dealing with millions of acres worth of data
- Build platform level shared services that will be used by multiple products
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 3+ years of Python experience, or a demonstrated pattern of quickly learning new languages
- An interest in working with geospatial data
- Experience working in a fully automated CI/CD environment
- An understanding of containerized environments, preference given to Kubernetes
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Johnston, IA, Cumming, GA and São Paulo, Brazil.
Life at Source Coders Inc
About Source Coders Inc
Based in California and London, UK, we are a team of passionate professionals with over two decades of experience in the recruiting industry. We specialize in hiring for the fin-tech and emerging tech industries; matching innovative engineers and tech executives to companies who share the same goals and ambitions.
We combine advanced tools and human insight to create a matching service like no other. Our full-stack approach to recruiting means we deliver a personalized, end-to-end experience for employers and candidates.
- casual dress
- private medical
- uncapped commision
- unlimited PTO
- occasional work from home