About this job
Looking for a New Challenge?
Want to work for a Growing Business?
Do you have the Experience and Knowledge we are looking for?
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage deadlines that are set by Chief Technology Officer.
- Monitoring of systems and alerts to identify significant trends and issues
- Bring new ideas and best practice on the design, architectural and software development of the service.
- Inspire, mentor and encourage colleagues to apply intelligently customised industry best practice.
- Reviews designs, and software written by other developers for quality, best practice and architectural integrity.
- Play a large part in the Continuous Integration Environment
- Plan & build architecture to cater for growth
- Help develop the team to refactor legacy code in more modern patterns
- Participate in Scrum meetings and lab calls
- Ability to write clear and concise system architectural documentation and summary diagrams
- Develop, communicate and maintain a road map of the architectural developments
- Monitor and review product and technology developments in the industry and present new ideas to BigChange
- Liaise and communicate to other departments such as Product Development, Testing and Customer-Specific software development teams to add value to their roles.
- Comply with company policies & processes, particularly for quality, data protection, information security & secure systems engineering (supporting the introduction of ISO27001)
- Provide top class service to our customers
- Provide training support to other members of the company and be a brand ambassador to BigChange.
- 10 years + experience in a similar environment (Essential)
- Experience as a software developer (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of C# & .Net (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of SQL and NoSql technology (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience in Machine Learning (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in Serverless (Essential)
- Experience in SaaS development (Essential)
Your Skills and Interests:
- Technically strong, with recent hands-on experience in one of their core areas of technical delivery
- An ability to advise senior stakeholders, work comfortably without definition and apply a progressive technical approach to any problem
- You’ll show a good understanding of how to put together software
- You’ll be an inquisitive technologist and naturally encourage others to be alike.
- You’ll convey a sense of credibility and trust within the team and BigChange
- You will have exceptional people skills and ability to objection handling where required
- Ability to work individually as well as a team with a adaptable and flexible approach to work
- You will have hands-on experience in System Software Development
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- You will have an organised and proactive approach to work
- Upto £80,000 p/a - depending on experience
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
- Over 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’.
- Pension plan (NEST 3% employer, 3% employee)
- Gym membership assistance £20 gross pay monthly (for 12 months).
- Annual eye test reimbursement
- Free massage in the office
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people.
- Local fruit delivered weekly to the office.
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
Location of work: Office or home-based
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
Life at BigChange Apps Ltd
About BigChange Apps Ltd
BigChange is an established force in mobile resource management, offering a host of solutions that have proven to transform the way companies manage their mobile workforces and mobile operations. By challenging convention and pushing for constant innovation, BigChange is pioneering new, intuitive and simple to use technology that delivers industry leading levels of return on investment.
BigChange is a growing business and a fantastic place to work. We’re passionate about making a big positive change and want individuals who want to be part of that. It is a great place to work with excellent perks and career progression.
Please visit: https://www.bigchangeapps.com
- Work from Home
- Flexible time
- Family culture
- Latest technology