About this job
Third Light is hiring a back-end developer, either a seasoned Go developer or an experienced developer who has been mixing Go into their work or personal projects and is now looking for a primarily Go-based role.
You may work remotely as your full-time arrangement, joining a team that already includes remote workers.
This is about delivering sophisticated new product features for release to our state-of-the-art software service that helps companies manage and share their digital media files easily – features that will have immediate positive impact for our global user base.
We're a small and expanding software development team, building an enterprise application with a highly-polished UI, using the very best and latest techniques. We employ an iterative, design-led process where everyone on the team gets a say. We're agile and manage our work using a gentle Kanban process with daily stand-ups and we encourage a lightweight, productive approach to development.
Your opinion and expertise will be valued from day one.
Upcoming projects within the team
- Create a metrics & reporting system to track usage of features, document downloads and image views
- Implement a full SFTP client & server interface to integrate with SLR Cameras and legacy systems
- Extend workflow and automation microservices to create intuitive automated channel publishing tools
- Implement a scripting layer, API proxy and key-value storage engine for template-publishing tool
- Create a chat server that provides in-app chat while integrating with external chat systems (e.g. Slack)
- Automate orchestration of microservices in our product e.g. exploring Kubernetes
- < your idea here! >
We're looking for
- Someone who's positive about Go and wishes to embrace this exciting language
- Proven back end coding skills using either PHP or Go and for Linux
- Demonstrable interest in Go - from industry, self directed learning or personal projects
- An enthusiasm for continuous unit and integration testing
- Skills designing, building, testing and maintaining web services, ideally microservices
- Ability to maintain and support a large, live, production codebase
- Familiarity with relational databases e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment preferably within a Git-based workflow
- Optionally, familiarity with porting an OO monolith to a microservice architecture and/or OO PHP
- Someone considering mid level back-end Developer jobs such as: Go Developer | Go Microservices Developer | Golang Developer | Java Developer | Node.js Developer | PHP Developer | Python Developer etc.
You may bring - or like to gain - skills exploring any of the following
- Containers, containers as services and automated container deployment
- Large-scale storage, manipulation and streaming of multimedia
- Machine intelligence, visual recognition or similar numerical computation
- Production experience in systems configuration, monitoring, logging, and metrics gathering
Our current technology mix - we'll help you get up to speed
Salary and benefits
- £40,000 - £55,000+ negotiable - we're keeping an open mind
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + public holidays | flexible hours | bicycle and free car parking| on site cafe | good coffee and tea | fresh fruit | choice of high end workstation | an adorable Beagle to brighten the office
If you wish to work remotely: to help you get up to speed, you'll work at our office for the first few weeks then return to the office for two or three weeks each year for knowledge sharing. Most other meetings can be done via video chat though we may occasionally require attendance in person, with prior arrangement. We'll cover reasonable travel expenses and accommodation costs. We'll also cover reasonable costs incurred from running your home office.
About Third Light
techfolk is working on behalf of Third Light:
Third Light is a small, fast-expanding software company. We create products that simplify the organisation and management of digital media files. Our products are used by hundreds of organisations such as the United Nations and Oxford University, brands that include NASCAR, Bridgestone and Virgin, and not-for-profits such as the Scouts and Guide Dogs. We employ integrity and intelligent thinking to provide well-designed, easy-to-use products. We're an equal opportunities employer.
Located: just outside Cambridge, UK; on the bus route, and commutable from Cambridge city centre, Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Huntingdon, Newmarket, Peterborough, Saffron Walden, St. Neots etc.
Timing: you may join right away, or any time before early autumn
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Vittoria at techfolk to find out more:
0117 318 2447 | firstname.lastname@example.org | @we_are_techfolk
Please note: When applying for a role at Third Light, you do not need to include your gender, age, ethnicity or any other personal information. You are welcome to withhold your name, if you wish. You are also welcome to initially register your interest using your LinkedIn profile; doing so will not disadvantage you.
RECRUITERS: Third Light has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner and cold calling is not welcomed