About this job
Here’s the scoop:
We're looking for a passionate Full-Stack Developer to help us build the next generation of GovSpend, a well-funded civic startup disrupting government procurement by aggregating, indexing, analyzing, and otherwise transforming government purchasing data. We're a Code for America Accelerator company and have an incredible team of seasoned executives and engineers. We work hard but maintain a casual work environment with a strong culture as a tech startup. As a new member of the GovSpend family, you'll work closely with our senior team members to implement critical pieces of our modern, forward-thinking architecture – learning many new technologies as you touch every part of the application’s source code.
We are looking for someone who…
- Is passionate about web development and related technologies.
- Has the curiosity to research and learn new technologies and skills.
- Demonstrates determination in tackling complex projects and finding solutions.
- Employs positive thinking and is able to work constructively in a team setting.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or similar strongly preferred. Proven work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience writing modern single-page web applications, ideally with React and MobX (or redux).
- Understanding of functional programming (solid lodash or ramda experience may be sufficient, real Category Theory for bonus points).
- Experience with NodeJS.
- Exposure to NoSQL (Mongo, ElasticSearch, and/or Redis Preferred).
Life at GovSpend
Our Company is a nationally recognized technology company that aggregates purchase order data from local, state and federal government agencies to provide search, reporting and analysis capabilities. Our Software as a Service (SaaS) solution is offered to both government vendors and government agencies on a subscription basis.
Our mission is to help procurement professionals (government and vendors) make better decisions, cultivate collaboration and build a greater sense of community. We collect and provide access to critical purchasing data that enables the overall purchasing process to be much more efficient. Bottom line: our product does two great things at once - it saves the government millions of dollars and helps government vendors become more profitable.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
- 401K Plan
- Flexible Work Hours
- Gym Membership