About this job
Koru Kids needs a back-end Ruby engineer to join our team which is scaling rapidly and building the world’s best childcare service. We’re making it easier and more affordable for families to access high quality childcare, backed by some of the best investors in Europe, and we’ve won a bunch of awards.
A little about the role
This role is perfect for an experienced Ruby Engineer who wants to continue to hone their craft in a software, data and content start-up about to enter a hyper growth phase.
We have a mature and stable tech stack and a healthy code-base, built with a strong focus on quality and best practices, which allows for fast design iterations, short development cycles and quick fixes when challenges spring up.
We’re not a deep tech company, and we don’t pretend to be. What is challenging is how we’re providing a tech solution to a complex problem specific to human interactions and behaviours. Ultimately we are reinventing one of the last essential areas of our social infrastructure that remains largely untouched by technology.
Cool things you could work on
- Helping us scale our public transit time and routing services, enabling lightning quick calculations of transit time between hundreds of thousands of families across London and beyond.
- Refining our search algorithms and building tools to make complex ‘matching’ problems a breeze, to give families and nannies a solution that works.
- Designing our payroll infrastructure, supporting thousands of individual employee shift submissions every month, ensuring we invoice our families and pay our nannies accurately and on time. This will eventually extend to being a fully fledged scheduling and shift management tool.
Life at Koru Kids
About Koru Kids
We’re building a marketplace that enables families to find and share high quality nannies. As an engineer on the Koru Kids team, you design and build tech to make complex matching problems a breeze, to give families and nannies a solution that just works, and to supercharge our nanny recruitment and training processes.
We have an informal, hard-working and kind team culture. We’re all passionate about our mission and are determined to create a truly fantastic childcare service to help working parents. Our culture is friendly and fast paced – we are constantly challenging, testing and adapting the way we do things. We’re also really committed to working with integrity, doing the right thing and building a company we are truly proud of. We’re growing super fast but we also want to make sure that we are building a company on really solid foundations.
We take great care with who we hire and all team members are superbly talented and really nice. If you’re brilliant AND humble, you’ll fit right in.
We’re continuously improving our product, building key features that will move the needle in a big way. Instead of an endless product roadmap, we run short development cycles to test assumptions and make smart decisions quickly. We favour feature flags over staging environments and deploy to production as often as we need to; deployment cycles shouldn’t get in the way of delivering value. As an engineer on the team, you’ll work closely with product and operations to find and build creative solutions for business problems and make sure we’re delivering the most value to our customers.
- Choose your own equipment
- Work from home
- Stock options for all employees
- Regular company socials
- Learning-oriented culture