About this job
Luna is looking for a senior react developer to take charge of the design, development, and evolution of a new responsive front-end for Luna, a project said by NASA and Singularity University to be 1 of 20 most impressive technologies worldwide. If you bring strong technical experience and a passion for user experience, this role could be the one for you.
As a senior GUI architect, you'll spearhead the design of the new user-interface for Luna 2.0, designing and building a front-end that can run across multiple browsers and in electron. Your work will become an integral part of Luna as you collaborate with a world-class team of skilled engineers, community managers, and business developers (from Bloomberg, PayPal, and GitHub, to name a few), and to make your mark on Luna's future.
What You'll Do
As a senior GUI architect, you'll be in charge of the creation of the new front-end for the Luna IDE: Luna Studio. This will involve:
- Spearhead the architecture and design for the new version of Luna Studio.
- Working closely with stakeholders and customers to design an interface that is both intuitive and fluid to work with.
- Implementing these solutions using modern front-end web-development technologies in a cross-platform manner to create an application that can run both in the browser and in electron.
- Managing and working around cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Contributing to the testing and integration of the user interface, from both functional and UI standpoints.
The Skills We're Looking For
We have a few particular skills that we're looking for in this role:
- Practical experience architecting user-facing applications, with a focus on enabling user workflows.
- A strong focus on both user experience and aesthetics.
- A strong understanding, based on practical experience, of modern front-end frameworks, with a focus on React.
- An understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and experience working around such problems.
- Familiarity with front-end build tools such as Webpack and Gulp.
- Experience with testing tools, both for integration and for front-end (e.g. Selenium).
It would be a big bonus if you had:
- Experience with visual programming systems such as Houdini, Max/MSP, Lab VIEW, or Touch Designer.
Life at Luna
Who you will work with?
At Luna, we have a world-class team, with developers, community managers, and business developers from all walks of life and backgrounds, and work in close collaboration with industry advisers such as Robert Gentleman, the creator of the R programming language and computational biologist at 23andMe, and Edward Kmett, a skilled language designer and machine intelligence researcher at MIRI.
We firmly believe that only by working together, rather than putting our team members in their own boxes, can we create the best version of Luna that can be.
As part of the Luna team you'd be able to work from anywhere, whether that be at home, or on the go! We have team members distributed across the world, from San Francisco, to London, to Kraków. We welcome remote work and flexible schedules, or you can work from the Kraków office (or our planned SF office) if you'd like. We can provide competitive compensation and holiday, as well as the possibility of equity as time goes on.
- Team built around the Humility, Respect, and Trust ideology.
- Flexible working hours, possible part / full time remote work.
- Work in a small team of world-class engineers and make impact on Luna.
- Competitive compensation + possibility of equity as time goes on.
- Equality, diversity & inclusion.
- We've got standing desks in our office (no one uses them though :P).