About this job
Form3 is a disruptive fintech startup on a mission to make payments easier, faster and cheaper for fintechs, challenger banks, ecommerce gateways, card providers and traditional banks wanting to reinvent themselves.
Form3 is a fully managed payment technology service combining a powerful AWS cloud processing platform, multiple-scheme payment gateways and a fully managed 24x7 service model. Form3 provides a complete end-to-end Payments as a Service for financial institutions and regulated fintechs. Reliable and secure cloud-based access and processing for FPS, BACS, CHAPS, SEPA, SEPA Instant & SWIFT with no hardware or software required by our customers. The service is robust and reliable, trusted by the worlds leading financial institutions.
Form3's powerful micro-services architecture and API's provide a single point of simple access to the full universe of payment schemes. Future-proofed at the point of delivery for complete peace of mind, the result is a straight-forward, easy to use and hassle-free Payments as a Service.
LIFE AT FORM3
We’re an open, diverse and friendly bunch who believe everyone has a voice. Our team is a mixture of banking experts, techies, artists, marketers, and customer advocates. Simply put, we're obsessed with creating cloud-based solutions that get real time, cutting edge payment tech into the hands of FinTechs and banks alike.
By joining Form3 you’ll get the opportunity to be part of our rapidly scaling business, with some of the brightest talents in tech and payments, working in one of the highest growth sectors for payment FinTech in the world.
We don’t mind whereabouts you are based as we offer the opportunity for our tech team to work remotely. Most of our tech team work this way in fact, by using screen sharing technology to do pair programming. We have found that our team are much more productive that way.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for Senior Software Developers who want to be part of building a next generation payment API in the cloud. Our API is built on AWS where all of the infrastructure is defined in code using Terraform. All of the microservices that make up the API are built using Docker containers and deployed automatically using our Travis CI/CD pipeline. The microservices discover each other using Consul and talk to each other through linkerd (service mesh).
We are looking for enthusiastic developers who want to learn cutting edge new tech, solve interesting problems and be part of a really great team. There are a wide range of problems to tackle from configuring nginx proxies to writing custom payment routing and handling logic. We believe that the language you write the code in is just how you convey your solution to the computer and the real value is being able to think through a problem.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You will be working on greenfield development projects, focused on best practice across the board, including automation of absolutely everything (Terraform for infrastructure deployments to AWS, CI/CD with contract-based testing and auto-deployment of services within Docker containers, etc.), pair programming and TDD/BDD. Although we are mostly based around London, we are operating as a remote team, and typically working from home and pair programming.
We try to pick the right tool for the job, and these regularly change. To give you a flavour though:
- Some of the languages we currently use are: Golang, Java, Python and Ruby Some of the tools we use: Terraform, Docker, Vault, Consul, Linkerd Our platform runs in AWS where we use: SQS, SNS, EC2, ECS, RDS and others
- : Choosing the right tool to solve the problem is critical, and we expect you to have professional experience with at least 2 different programming languages and multiple platforms and tools.
- : We expect you to have previous experience engineering complex distributed systems, and a view on topics such as service discovery, integration testing, inter-process communication, the best way to define your services and APIs, as well as experience with distributed data stores.
- : You have worked with public cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud etc.)
- : Code quality is key, and we expect you to have worked with Test-driven development (TDD) and Behaviour-driven design (BDD) and be familiar with the use of tools such as Cucumber.
- You have professional experience in both Java and Go All our services are built and managed as docker containers, so Kubernetes, and general docker experience is preferred. We like clean code, so experience with Event Sourcing/CQRS will be useful. Contract-based testing, using tools such as Pact and Wiremock We work as a devops team, so experience in automating operations (such as infrastructure as code, automated monitoring and alerting, build pipelines etc) would also be useful.
You’ll get the opportunity to be part of a rapidly scaling FinTech company, working alongside some of the brightest talents in tech and payments
30 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
Flexible hours/Remote Working
You’ll work with the latest technologies
Company Bonus Scheme
An incredible team to work with
A strong and clear company culture
Life at Form3 - Financial Cloud
- Remote working
- 30 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Company culture
- Modern tech-stack
- Opportunity to work for a rapidly scaling tech-first FinTech