About this job
CircleCI is looking for a technology leader who brings exceptional management skills to our growing engineering organisation. We are looking for a leader well versed in managing engineering teams to guide our distributed teams as we scale and support them in continuously delivering business value. In this role you will challenge and support our engineers with the individual in mind. Your primary focus is your team and the people in it, and we expect you to build a great culture with diversity, inclusion, action orientation, and openness as our core values.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
Skills & requirements
About this role:
This role is a people management role focused on the development of a set of engineers and team leads, business value delivery, and strategic work across a set of our cross-functional teams. Your recurring tasks and responsibilities include:
- Business value delivery: ensure incremental value delivery and high quality standard on teams you’re working with. Support these teams in strategic work in collaboration with our Product organisation.
- Learning and Development: Develop people through coaching, mentoring, and management support. Conduct regular 1:1, goal setting, and feedback conversations with engineers to ensure team health.
- Process and Product: Work with other development teams, Product Owners, and others to maintain high levels of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration.
- Leadership: Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the CircleCI engineering organisation.
- Organisational work: Contribute to broader organisational development and support cross-cutting initiatives to help us improve as an organisation.
- Technical work: Grow the technical expertise of your teams in performance, scalability, maintainable architecture, and experimentation.
- Hiring: Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent.
- You have at least three years of experience leading software development teams and delivering working software together with them.
- You are knowledgeable about modern software engineering practices.
- You believe in agile and lean values. You have a track record of using these methods in practice and continuously delivering business value.
- You are a servant leader, an effective communicator and collaborator who emphasises learning and feedback, and you know what it takes to build strong, productive teams. You thrive on developing people.
- You bring action orientation and a drive to continuously improve into the teams you work with
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 7M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Kickstarter, Sony, and Coinbase. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures.
CircleCI is a Bay Area Best Places to Work 2018 award winner. We offer our employees amazing health benefits, CircleCI stock options, and many other great perks - including daily catered lunch at the San Francisco office.