Solvent is a new startup that provides safe payment options to consumers and a risk platform for banks that combats money-laundering, fraud and identity theft before it happens. We build integrated technologies that stand between traditional banking, merchants and customers that grant transparency to transactions to reduce the risk of money laundering, fraud, and identity theft.
We are looking for motivated senior PHP/Python engineers that have a background in enterprise level application development that can create elegant solutions to complex problems. This position will work collaboratively with the product team consisting of senior level product managers, UX designers and other senior engineers. Must be a team player and have extremely high communication skills.
- Experience in product architecture, strategy, test and documentation of enterprise level technology
- Able to understand complex problems quickly and offer feedback to product team
- Experience working remotely and willing to travel to Annapolis, MD for occasional planning sessions
- Maintain high quality standards and reducing ongoing technical debt
- Support planning and feature estimates during roadmapping and sprint planning
- Senior experience in building custom PHP/Python applications
- Senior experience in SQL and NoSql database design, indexing and performance
- Senior experience in designing and implementing REST API
- Experience working in a complex AWS server environment
- Experience in private blockchain development
- High Proficiency in PHP & Python frameworks
- Ability to write clear and well documented code
- Consider yourself an amazing communicator
- Independent work ethic and ability to play nice with others on your team
- Experience working in machine learning environments i.e. MATLAB
We are a tight group of entrepreneurs and VC’s all over the U.S. with a headquarters in beautiful downtown Annapolis, MD. We believe in personal development and growth actively stressing education and internal collaboration. Fitting our culture is equally as important as fitting our job requirements. Communication is the key to the success of our company and is a cornerstone for producing great work. Take pride in what you do!
This is a full-time position, starting with a 3 month contract period that transitions to long term hire if interested. We offer competitive salary and bonus incentives as the product hits key milestones. You are getting in on the ground floor and will be key in defining benefit packages and share incentive plans long term.
Please describe why you are an ideal candidate for this position and your salary requirements along with a link to your Github repo, Linkedin profile and resume.
Thanks and good luck in your journey!
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Incentives
- Paid Trips to Annapolis & Conferences
- Fun & Challenging Product
- Ground Floor with New Startup