About this job
- Design, build and maintain APIs and tools that power Knock’s internal and customer-facing applications. Communicate your designs to fellow engineers.
- Understand the data that power our applications, and be able to propose appropriate data models for new features.
- Build new services from scratch, as well as maintain existing applications.
- Provide secure and seamless integration of Knock’s applications to our SaaS partners.
- Committed to good engineering practice of testing, logging, alerting and deployment processes.
- Must be U.S. based.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of full lifecycle software development experience in Node.js, including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success. Comfortable learning new technologies and tools.
- Experience with AWS ecosystem such as Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, and CloudWatch.
- Strong SQL knowledge (Mysql or Postgres), familiarity with techniques to identify slow queries and debugging (We run on AWS RDS).
Bonus points for knowledge of:
- Programming proficiency in Go or Python.
- Docker ecosystem and container orchestration systems such as ECS or Kubernetes.
What we can offer you:
- An amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building the next multi-billion dollar consumer brand around the single largest purchase of our lives.
- You will be working with a passionate, mission-driven team that is disrupting the status quo.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation, full medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k, flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory) and sick time and are open to where you live and work.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the United States. As we are a distributed company and engineering team, we are open to any U.S. location for this role.
Life at Knock.com
Knock is an online home selling platform that uses data science to price homes accurately, technology to sell them quickly and a dedicated team of professionals to guide you every step of the way.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial engineers to join Knock as an early employees. Your decisions will help shape the direction of our engineering organization for years to come. We’ll give you the responsibility and the support to help make the lives of millions of home buyers and sellers better.
- Fully distributed team, open to where you live and work.
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Competitive cash and stock compensation
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- Computer provided