About this job
About the Role:
AdRoll Group is seeking a Head of Data Strategy to drive the expansion of AdRoll Group’s data asset and introduction of our first customer facing data-related products, these initiatives represent the core of the strategy for the future of the AdRoll Group business. Due to the role's technical nature, high degree of innovation, cross-team influence and strategic importance, in this role you will report directly to the CTO.
As Head of Data Strategy you will be expected to guide the management of one of our most valued assets, from ingestion through the clean up process, of both our first party asset and third party assets, and analysis in order to structure the merged assets for activation in any of a number of products, including new ones that will be incubated under this role. You will collaborate with multiple engineering teams
- Define & execute AdRoll Group's data strategy using a combination of market focused insight & exceptional intellect to uncover creative solutions to marketers’ problems
- Define & analyze critical metrics to inform decision-making & measure success
- Inform the product value proposition & success path to internal & external partners
- Evangelize & energize the company with real passion for the product
- Help the AdRoll BU and Rollworks BU to acquire more data, clean it and structure it for efficient use in all of our performance products, including non-media related ones.
- Run and establish a new team to evaluate and integrate new data sources.
- Collaborate with various teams in order to gather requirements, design architectural solutions, and execute on plans
- Work to implement complex, multi-faceted tasks with a team
- Make well-founded decisions on new technology and processes to adopt
- Computer science degree
- Prior knowledge of or experience working with adtech/martech/data platform companies
- 10+ years of experience working in software engineering
- Experience with launching SaaS products with quantifiable revenue impact
- Experience working on and building products on top of big data pipelines and large-scale datasets
- Familiarity or interest in Python, Docker, and AWS
- Exceptional written, verbal communication & presentation abilities. Can effectively summarize results & craft the “what does this mean for us” analysis
- A “get it done” mentality; A self starter with a discipline for defining priorities, driving decisions & getting closure on tasks and projects
- A bias towards speed when it comes to shipping products and features
- Real passion for talking to customers and strong sense of customer empathy
- Contributions to the open source community
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience in a low level programming language and optimization
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical / Dental / Vision benefits
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule
- The opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel award
Life at AdRoll Group
About AdRoll Group
In 2007 AdRoll, now AdRoll Group, was founded with the objective of helping big and small businesses turn their customer data into high-performance marketing. From this inspiration, AdRoll grew to AdRoll Group, the Growth Platform Company. Organized around world-class data and automation, the company is home to AdRoll, the E-commerce Growth Platform, and RollWorks, the B2B Growth Platform. Each division is able to leverage shared platform capabilities, BidIQ artificial intelligence, and the IntentMap, a data co-op of more than 1.2 billion digital profiles, to solve online growth and connections for over 37,000 marketers worldwide.
AdRoll Group is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Chicago, and Salt Lake City. Learn more at adrollgroup.com.
AdRoll is committed to creating diverse teams of “Rollers” and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics.
- Tasty snacks, on tap cold brew, weekly dinners, bagel Wednesdays
- Wellness classes (yoga, meditation, etc.) and monthly health subsidy
- PTO and holiday schedule that allows for plenty of you time
- Commuter benefits for public transit, parking, and bike repair
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Work environment centered on collaboration, impact, and agility