About this job
About the Job:
As a Principal Reverse Engineer at Scrapinghub, your key objective will be to find sustainable and scalable solutions to power Scrapinghub's product offerings. You will be using reverse engineering, static, dynamic analysis in conjunction with Scrapinghub’s best in class tools including Crawlera, the world’s smartest proxy network, designed specifically for web crawling and scraping.
You’ll have a fair amount of autonomy in this role, but the responsibilities will likely include: establishing & maintaining technical and quality standards, and collaborating with other Scrapinghub teams to ensure that your work is having the biggest impact possible.
Your measures of success will be your ability to iterate quickly and produce knowledge that is useful to other Shubbers.
- Perform static, dynamic or concolic analysis and fuzzing to determine tracking behaviour
- Create and execute well designed tests (repeatable, multiple treatments, testable variables, controls, replication)
- Create best practice product usage guides and reports based on your findings
- Drive creation of tools and workflows for prototyping successful and scalable solutions
- Steer product and infrastructure changes based on your findings
This is a brand new team at Scrapinghub which means that you’ll be responsible for establishing most of the goals, measures, and processes for this team. You should be excited by the inherent uncertainty in this, and the ability to set your own path.
- Strong problem solver.
- Familiarity with techniques and tools for crawling, extracting and processing data, asynchronous communication and distributed systems
- A hacker mentality to quickly produce proof of concepts in order to get results.
- Take a logical, measurement-backed approach to prioritizing projects, and enjoy working with others that do the same.
- Strong research, debugging, fuzzing and reverse engineering skills including static, dynamic and concolic analysis
- Strong understanding of operating system and computer networking concepts
- Understanding of browser engines, browser fingerprinting and ad-blocker mechanisms
- Excellent communication in both spoken and written English.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Decompilers, IDA Pro and C/C++
- Core contributions to Mozilla or Chromium projects
- Knowledge of Headless browsers - performance tuning and benchmarking
Life at Scrapinghub
Scrapinghub is a fast growing and diverse technology business turning web content into useful data with a cloud-based web crawling platform, off-the-shelf datasets, and turn-key web scraping services.
We’re a globally distributed team of 180 Shubbers working from over 30 countries who are passionate about scraping, web crawling, and data science.
As a new Shubber, you will:
Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
Autonomy to make the role your own, supported by great people
Join a team with huge opportunity to make a difference
Have the freedom and flexibility to work from wherever you want.
Have the opportunity to go to conferences and meet with the team from across the globe.
Get the chance to work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working
- Paid time off
- Paid open source work
- Global team meet ups
- Learning & Development Opportunities