About this job
Who is Karat? Karat is the world's leader in conducting first-round technical interviews. Our network of experienced interview engineers have conducted over 20,000 technical interviews on behalf of clients including Indeed, Pinterest, Intuit, and Citrix. We continuously analyze our interview data to get smarter and more predictive with every interview we conduct. As a result, our clients reclaim 60% of engineering hours per hire, accelerate achievement of their hiring goal by 25%, and offer an exceptional experience with 95% of candidates rating their experience as positive. Our Mission Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths. Join our community of Freelance Interview Engineers. Karat Interview Engineers are a network of experienced software engineers who are equipped with the best practices and technology required to be professional interviewers. Every interviewer in the network is an accomplished engineer. Our interviewers include development managers, software engineers and freelancers covering the full technology stack. Flexible, high impact work that is compensated at highly competitive rates. As an Interview Engineer, you will be compensated at highly competitive rates for your interviewing expertise. The time commitment is flexible---many of our interviews happen on nights and weekends. Some experts do 10 interviews/week while others do over 25 interviews/week. You can work from anywhere, anytime. You will sharpen your interviewing skills and transform the interviewing experience for every candidate and company. We are looking for experienced software engineers who believe that interviewing is a first-class job. You should possess:
- Interviewing experience focused on evaluating fundamental computer science skills (i.e. data structures, algorithms etc.), software craftsmanship (i.e. understanding of unit testing, source control, APIs etc.), and/or specific technologies (i.e. iOS, distributed systems etc.).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to empathize with candidates and provide actionable feedback.
- An ability to structure your schedule (i.e. you can pick certain blocks of time during the day, evenings, weekends).
- A genuine desire to continuously improve the Karat service and technical interviewing.
Life at Karat
Interviewing is broken. Karat professionalizes interviewing.
- Karat is on a mission to assess the world's talent. We are the first dedicated marketplace for technical interviewers. Karat's network of seasoned engineers conduct the first rounds of technical interviews for elite engineering companies. Our robust platform saves teams thousands of valuable hours while allowing them to focus on the top performing candidates. Karat's unique approach recognizes that people are central to the hiring process and that they can be supercharged by leveraging machine learning and our rich database of the world's interviews.
- Flexible Hours - You own your schedule
- Work from anywhere
- Transparent compensation
- Bonus programs
- Regular company outings
- Access to a world-class community of expert interviewers