About this job
Ascendify is looking for a full time Backend Engineer to join our team.
As a Backend Engineer you will work with in our Backend Engineering team to build new and maintain existing projects. You must be capable of working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, be self-motivated, results-driven and detail-oriented to achieve success.
A successful candidate can work remotely for this role but must be able to work during core Pacific Standard Time hours. They must be able to be productive working in a remote environment without direct supervision. They must also be able to legally be able to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship. Candidates outside the United States need not apply.
- Write high-performance, reusable, modular code
- They must write automated unit tests
- Create new functions and features to improve the Ascendify product
- Be able to write Technical Specs for new features including Database ERD Diagrams
- 5+ year of experience working with a scripting language; Python, PHP or Ruby
- 3+ years in compiled language Scala, Java, etc
- Experience working with an Object Oriented language
- SQL experience
- ElasticSearch experience
- Extraordinary communication skills
- Willing/able to learn (if needed, and) primarily use PHP and Scala
- B.S. in Computer Sciences or related discipline
- Experience with Play Framework
- DevOps experience is a plus
Life at Ascendify
Ascendify is a rapidly growing, venture-backed company based in downtown San Francisco. Ascendify’s Intelligent People Management™ platform reinvents how companies attract, develop and inspire their talent. Built for global organizations, Ascendify integrates machine learning and predictive analytics into recruiting and talent development with one seamless platform. Headquartered in San Francisco, Ascendify's customers include GE, Disney and Deloitte.
- Competitive salary and stock option package
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- WFH and 18 PTO days per year (up to 24 PTO days with longevity)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401K and healthcare flex spending accounts
- SF financial district, close walk to BART
- Commuter benefits
- Well-stocked kitchen with your favorite snacks and drinks
- In-office putting green and video games with regular tournaments