About this job
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing tech team.
You will support our software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- you will build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other big data technologies
- you will design and model data structures to help analyzing our business and technical data
- you will support existing processes running in production
- you will work together with people from other key areas to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
Skills & Requirements
- knowledge in relevant engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, and be current with recent advances in distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
- 2+ years of experience in designing, building and maintaining data architecture(s) and infrastructure(s), both relational and non-relational
- 2+ years of maintaining data warehouse systems and working on large scale data transformation using SQL, Hadoop, Hive, or other Big Data technologies; experience with ETL tools is a plus
- 2+ years of data modeling experience, and able to use data models to improve the performance of software services
- experience with Cloud Based Solution (AWS Redshift, GCP Big Query) and programming language (Python, Java) is a plus
- experience communicating with colleagues from engineering, analytics, and business backgrounds
- degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent experience is a plus.
- be able to legally work in Europe (you are the holder of a EU Passport or you are the holder of EU residency permit or you are the holder of a Schengen Work Visa)
Life at Supermercato24
Supermercato24 was founded in 2014 and got multiple startup awards.
It is now a multi-million well-funded startup with top Italian investors such as Innogest and 360 Capital Partner. We are also creating innovative partnerships with blue chip companies such as Samsung and Enel.
We aim at making grocery shopping online easy, fast and convenient.
We want to empower everyone with avant-garde technology and doing things that were deemed impossible until few moments ago.
We want to change the world and give back all the time and efforts that everyone now spends in picking, queuing and delivering his own groceries at home.
We want to do this to allow people to spend their time on what really matters: life.
- Free coffee
- Ping Pong
- Stock Options
- Budget for education
- Work Laptop (Mac/Linux/Windows)
- Fresh fruit every week
- Flexible working hours and location
- Free happy hour every two weeks