About this job
Brave is looking for an experienced Android developer to help build our Brave Web Browser app. It's already receiving rave reviews and we are only just beginning. Jump in and work with a not-notch team and watch our adoption soar with your help.
Skills & requirements
- 5+ years experience with Android development
- Strong Java development skills
- Working experience with writing C++ code
- Android Studio and/or Eclipse IDE experience
- Demonstrated experience developing for material design
- Android SDK, NDK, and JNI experience
- Experience with software development via distributed development teams
- Comfortable working in an open source setting
- A passion for helping protect users’ privacy and security
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven record of getting things done
- A CS degree or equivalent preferred
The project is open-source on GitHub:
We follow open-source peer-review practices.
We are remote-friendly, and candidates can be located in the USA or Canada but must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada.
At Brave, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and value a team that is as diverse as our target user base – the entire world.
Life at Brave Software
About Brave Software
The web has become a different place. With the ad-tech ecosystem out of control, users have revolted and ad blocking has become the only solution...until now.
Brave aims to transform the online ad ecosystem with micropayments and a new revenue sharing solution to give users and publishers a better deal, where fast, safe browsing is the path to a brighter future for the open web.
Join us on GitHub and pay us a visit at community.brave.com.