About this job
Reporting directly to the interim CTO, you will build and lead a world-class, remote, senior engineering team. The Nadine West engineering team is tasked with building a bespoke and fully-integrated platform that includes: 1) a recommendations engine, 2) a CRM, 3) an order management system, 4) a warehouse management system, and 5) a reporting engine.
While you will responsible for hiring, managing, and leading the team, the Principal Engineer will be responsible for the direction of the codebase and software architecture. You two will work very closely together. However, we're a small, highly productive team, so you will be expected to build software, not just manage people.
This position is the ideal stepping stone for a high-level software engineer to develop into a future Director, VP, or CTO.
Founded in 2014, Nadine West sends personalized outfits to our customers’ doorsteps every month. We are based in Austin TX, but we are a remote-first company, so you can live and work anywhere.
Nadine West is not a startup. We are better than a unicorn. We are a rapidly-growing company that is already profitable, already a well-known brand for women, but still doubling in customers every six months.
- You partner with stakeholders to understand the business needs and design right-sized solutions, able to move from open-minded design thinking to breaking problems down and iterating to create working software.
- You have built, launched, extended, and maintained a business-critical Rails app long enough to learn from your decisions, and love sharing those stories.
- You are comfortable directing and mentoring other engineers with humility.
- You have time-tested beliefs about code quality, testing, architecture, database design, ORMs, and build vs. buy tradeoffs, and enjoy articulating those beliefs winsomely to your colleagues
- You’re at home owning the entire product development cycle (design, dev, testing, release, monitoring).
- You’ve managed CI/CD pipelines and love auto-deploying to production after your well-honed tests pass.
- You cherish focused, low-interruption deep work like we do (See 37 Signals’ “Group Chat is Making you Sweat")
- You’re excited to work remotely, but also excited to share a US timezone and let us host you in Austin when it’s great for us both!
We are a remote-first company, with employees in four continents. Austin-preferred but not required. This is a full-time position, paying competitive market rates. Includes health insurance if you want. Nadine West is growing fast, which means lots of opportunities for growth and an exciting work environment, yet still a sustainable 40 hours a week.