About this job
Here at Crisp, we value the strength in teamwork, and strongly believe that it’s the key to Crisp’s success. By bringing together bright, motivated creators, wherever they live and work, we are leveraging humanity’s diversity of experience and background in order to understand the challenges facing our food supply, and solve them together. Come join us, and help build the type of business you’d like to be a part of.
We are a socially conscious, distributed team. We give you the opportunity to solve challenges in the global food industry while living where you’re most comfortable and working in areas where you can help foster and grow the community that you are a part of.
As one of the first members of the data science team at Crisp you have will have a unique opportunity to turn previously scattered and inconsistently structured data into immediately actionable food industry insights to reduce waste, increase freshness and much more.
You have a proven track record of reading data and making solid conclusions. You know both the art and science of analytics - not only do you know how to find answers in the data, you also know which questions should be asked in the first place and what data can help us further bolster our conclusions. You love engaging with customers, learning about their challenges and then diving into the data to see how to solve them!
Signs of a great candidate
- Collaborative. You know that your team members’ perspectives will make your solutions better. Similarly, you use your strengths to help us grow together.
- Customer focused. User experience trumps everything. You understand that a product will have little value if customers don't enjoy using it.
- Disciplined and reliable. We are a distributed company and you enjoy the benefits of working distributed while consistently delivering what you have committed to. When you hit a snag, you communicate and reset expectations early.
- Appreciative of honest feedback. You know that the best way to learn and grow is through constructive feedback delivered kindly, but without unnecessary ambiguity. You view feedback given to you as an opportunity to get better and strive to do the same for others.
- Work smarter and harder. You often identify a problem, design a solution and bring it to a state of completion - with others, or even on your own. You are fluent with your toolchain and can deliver well-designed, well-tested production-ready features quickly. You find ways of eliminating or automating stuff that is uninteresting or wasteful, rather than complaining about them.
- Analytical and practical mind. You strive for simple, precise solutions to complex problems. Complex solutions are only acceptable when absolutely needed. You strive for correct solutions, but know what actually matters and when to make compromises. You know when to ship and when to optimize.
Crisp’s tech stack
- Modern libraries and frameworks. We use Python with Pandas and Numpy for data science in production. We use technologies like Jupyter and R during EDA.
- Diverse technologies and algorithms, solving real world problems. At Crisp you’ll work with a wide range of technologies and algorithms on a daily basis, in a focused effort to solve large scale problems.
- Continuous deployment. Code is never far from being deployed to production, because if it’s not in production, it’s not solving problems in the real world. Our branch time spans are short, and features under development are hidden behind feature flags.
- Cloud first. As a services offering in the 21st century, the cloud isn’t the future, it’s the present. We’re fully invested in using the features offered by our cloud provider in order to minimize technical debt and maximize productivity.
- Micro-services. Not for the sake of the buzz, but when they make sense. By adopting a modern, thoughtful services architecture we’re able to scale organizationally, reduce technical debt, and maintain a high, sustained velocity.
We are building a team of developers with a breadth of combined experiences so that we can collaboratively build great products. There are no hard requirements on specific background, experience or geographical location. Instead we’re looking for individuals that are capable, reliable, and hoping to grow along with us. Do you have strengths you can share? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Life at Crisp
Our main goals with Crisp are easy to explain: We want to build a company that we would like to enjoy spending the rest of our careers in, that has a positive impact on the world and that will outlast us.
- Opportunities close to home
- Excellent health insurance and benefits
- Founders with proven track record
- Well funded (by founders)
- Parental leave
- Half of leadership team are women
- Generous vacation days