About this job
⚠️ Before you read our awesome job posting, it's important to mention that yes we promote flexible and remote ways of working since day-1, however, we are still a young company iterating over our remote culture and we try to keep our time zones not too spread out.
Time zone -3h > Paris - Time zone < Time zone +3h ⚠️
Payment team @ Heetch
The Payment team works behind the scenes to ensure a smooth experience for everyone involved in payment transactions. We are responsible for the proper handling of millions of euros across thousands of daily rides 💰, and everyone is counting on us to deliver reliably and efficiently.
We work hand in hand with the Data, Product and Operations teams to improve our product while protecting our bankrolls and maintaining compliance and cleanliness in our accounting records:
- Numbers, numbers everywhere.
- We help users manage their payment methods and coupons, a crucial part of the passenger onboarding experience.
- We make sure drivers get paid on time for their work by providing them with a seamless experience so they don’t have to worry about their money.
- Fraudsters are like zombies, one breach, and you’ll face an army of them.
- 1 cent can become over 9000 cents if you don’t pay attention.
What do we do?
- Take part in the design and specifications of new features and products. A new form to help the marketing teams launch their campaign in every bar in a new city? Check. Improve our fraud detection models to fight card testers that got their hands on thousands of stolen credit cards? Sure!
- Use state of the art tools and best practices to ship code quickly and safely (continuous integration, code review, automated testing, etc). The daily job of the money team is to write Ruby and Elixir microservices that communicate via HTTP, RabbitMQ and gRPC, deployed using Docker on a Mesos/Marathon cluster.
- Communicate with each other. We are a remote-first team and company, working from our home or our Parisian office. We synchronize whenever needed (discussions around specs, pair programming, code reviews) so no-one is left alone.
- Always improve. Everyone makes mistakes, and we all can learn from each other. We value personal progress and want you to look back proudly on what you’ve done.
What do you need?
- 5+ years as a backend engineer
- Eager to learn Elixir
- Exposure to the architectural patterns of a large, high-scale application
- You use the pros and cons of microservices and embrace event-driven programming.
- You are used to dealing with complex business logic and ambiguous edge cases.
- Prior knowledge of Ruby or Elixir
- Experience with message brokers(such as Kafka, RabbitMQ) and event-driven architectures
- Non-technical interview with the Engineering Manager of your potential team (1h30)
- Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
- Interview with your future teammates (1h)
- Day on site (Paris) to meet your future stakeholders
Life at Heetch
Heetch is a mobility app with a simple mission: we want people to enjoy going out.
Every night and every day, our drivers are doing their best to make their rides unforgettable and friendly! We are focused on young people's expectations and are competing within a fast-paced market.
The service was launched in Paris on September 2013 and has been growing since then, with thousands of rides every night in France, Belgium and Morocco. With more than 1 million users in Europe, we are proud to be one of the fastest French growing startups!
- Full remote and flexible ways of working
- Paid conferences attendance/travel
- Code Retreat
- 2 company seminars
- Travel budget to visit your coworkers
- Spotify Subscription
- Heetch Credits