About this job
At Olo we build an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen. Many of these restaurant chains hire software development teams to create a wide variety of custom applications and websites that integrate with Olo’s APIs. Likewise, the emergence of third party restaurant marketplaces and delivery services has opened new sales channels for restaurant chains, and Olo enables those channels via integrations to our APIs. We also work with a broad array of food delivery providers, POS vendors, and loyalty platform providers who integrate their solutions into the Olo Platform to enable a complete digital ordering experience. Working on Olo’s Developer Support team will give you the opportunity to assist developers from the most innovative and notable tech companies in the food space.
Olo is transforming the digital ordering landscape for restaurant chains in an ever-evolving ecosystem, and we're looking for a talented engineer and support specialist to join our team in the role of a Developer Support Engineer to help us achieve our vision. You will play a significant and visible role in helping our partners incorporate online ordering into their own applications and solutions. Your primary role will be to provide developer-level support for developers who are integrating to our APIs. You will also be responsible for improving our Developer Portal (where integration partners manage their API projects), API documentation, and associated tools needed to provide an exceptional integration experience. Your success will enable the expansion of the Olo digital ordering universe.
You'll work with a smart, friendly, and passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern tools and technologies such as .NET 4.6, ASP.NET MVC 5, TeamCity, GitHub, Octopus Deploy and heavy use of OSS.
This is a full-time position. Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, by far the majority of our engineering team is remote!
- You will serve as a technical interface to our development partners, supporting their ability to incorporate Olo services into their applications and solutions via our APIs. Specifically, you will answer daily technical questions from a wide variety of integration partners related to the functional behavior of our APIs, and you will investigate and resolve problems they report with their integration.
- You will evolve our Developer Portal to provide a complete technical repository of information, documentation, and tools that our partners will use to incorporate Olo online ordering into their products.
- This is a unique role that requires a special combination of responsibilities: daily developer support, great documentation writing, and the ability to both interpret and write quality software.
- A passion for computing that extends beyond work
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Enjoys the daily variability of a developer support role and the need to sometimes jump in and help untangle ambiguous problems
- At least 3 years on-the-job software development experience
- Excellent knowledge of C#, .NET and object oriented concepts
- Comfortable in multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Experience developing or integrating to a RESTful API
- Adept at writing unit tests and testable code, and working under distributed version control (preferably Git)
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or comparable industry experience
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience in a technical support or developer support role
- Experience with technical writing in a software environment
- Experience working in Zendesk
Life at Olo
Olo is the on-demand interface for the restaurant industry, powering digital ordering and delivery for over 200 restaurant brands. Olo’s enterprise-grade software powers every stage of the digital restaurant transaction, from fully-branded user interfaces to the back-of-house order management features that keep the kitchen running smoothly. Orders from Olo are injected seamlessly into existing restaurant systems to help brands capture demand from on-demand channels such as branded website and apps, third-party marketplaces, social media channels, and personal assistant devices like the Amazon Echo. Olo is a pioneer in the industry, beginning with text message ordering on mobile feature phones in 2005. Today, millions of consumers use Olo to order ahead (SKIP THE LINE®) or get meals delivered from the restaurants they love. Customers include Applebee’s, Chili’s, Chipotle, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Red Robin, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more.
Olo is located in FiDi in Manhattan. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed in doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!
- 20 Days of PTO
- Health, Vision & Dental coverage (you + your family)
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Powerful workstations
- 401(k) Plan
- Maximum respect
- Food events & monthly team events
- 12 week paid parental leave