About this job
⚠️Read before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Customer Care Team @Heetch
We are a new team with the mission to rebuild the entire customer support infrastructure to help our Care team deliver exceptional customer experiences faster and better while continuously improving the whole experience - for both passengers and drivers.
Have a look at our stack for a deeper overview: https://stackshare.io/heetch/engineering
Our team's values
- Transparency: We discuss everything openly within the team. Our 'Speak up' culture is strong.
- Remote first: Our team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices in Paris, London, Brussels or Casablanca. Flexible work schedules are part of the plan.
- Learn from failures: It's ok to fail, learn from it and try again.
- Experiment things: Being free is part of our DNA, we can try things as long as it brings value.
- Code quality: Tests are as important as code is.
- Caring is sharing: We believe in continuous learning and want you to be proud of what you've learned/built. Sharing is a natural part of the process.
What will be your role?
You will help us build internal products and native mobile app features that enable Heetch to provide a world-class support experience. How about joining us to build the foundation of a Data Science feature such as Sentiment Analysis in a whole new Care platform?
Does it sound like you?
- You have a solid experience in software development.
- You have can easily work with Ruby or Golang in production
- You have solid experience with APIs whatever the protocol (HTTP, gRPC).
- If you've already been part of a Customer Support team before, it would also be an asset.
- If automation is one of your passions, it's another bonus point.
What will you do?
- Build, test, deploy and monitor the services you'll work on
- Work on different parts of the system in Ruby and Golang (one service is in Elixir though)
- Build, test, ship and monitor features on top of third-party services such as Zendesk, Aircall Mandrill or Miuros
- Be an important part of the exit from a modular monolithic application to a microservices family
- Collaborate closely with our Care experts and Product Manager
- Write documentation and runbooks (Being a #RemoteFirst company, this is part of our DNA)
What will be your challenges?
- Create a new Golang microservice handling webhooks that push notifications to mobile apps
- Replace our search queries from PostgreSQL to an ElasticSearch cluster
- Add a new consumer/producer on top of our Kafka/RabbitMQ message queues from our mobile apps
- Advocate the other teams about how we use wrappers on top of Echo framework in order to align metrics company wise
- Upgrade some modular monolithic services in Ruby to a fresher version
Life at Heetch
Heetch is a mobility app with a simple mission: We want people to enjoy going out.
Every night and every day, our drivers are doing their best to make their rides unforgettable and friendly! We are focused on young people's expectations and are competing within a fast-paced market.
The service launched in Paris in September 2013 has been growing ever since, with thousands of daily rides in France, Belgium, and Morocco. With more than 1 million users in Europe, we are proud to be one of the fastest growing French startups!
- Full remote and flexible ways of working
- Paid conferences attendance/travel
- Code Retreat
- 2 company seminars
- Travel budget to visit your co-workers
- Heetch Credits