Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
What you'll be doing:
- You are able to take a design/proposal and carry it through to a thoughtful and polished end result with good test coverage
- You will support our amazing Customer Success team in helping diagnose/explain user-reported bugs and improve existing code
- You will review code written by other engineers and provide useful and honest feedback
- You will take initiative to improve the software whenever you notice something lacking or that is a particular pain point from your use
- You will write documentation around features and operations to help share knowledge and save other developers time
- You will participate in an on call schedule and be open/willing to expand your knowledge of backend systems to keep things operational
- You have the ability to learn and move within the organization as wanted. If you're interested in infrastructure/backend development, site-ops, security, microservices, mobile development etc. we want to keep you interested in your job and help you achieve personal growth
What we need from you:
- You have a computer science degree from a 4 year school or 5+ years development experience
- You have experience developing or contributing heavily to a production Rails application
- [Bonus] You have specific experience w/ Backbone + Marionette
- [Bonus] You have experience with Elasticsearch and/or other search technology
- [Bonus] You contribute to open-source projects
Who we are:
- Developers at Logikcull are highly technical, independent, and self organized. We place a lot of trust in our developers to make the right decisions on a day-to-day basis and be pragmatic and transparent about decisions they make.
- You'll fit in at Logikcull if you’re a team player with little ego. We regularly team up with co-workers in a tight-knit (highly distributed) environment for brainstorming, pair programming, and collaboration.
- We want our developers to continually want to grow. You are always looking to get better as a developer and you keep up with newest technologies and consider yourself a polyglot.
- You take calculated risks and experiment in the name of innovation.
- You are fine with with throwing away things if they don't work out, and able to recognize early on when something isn't working out.
- You pay close attention to detail and know that the little things matter when it comes to writing clean/maintainable code.
To apply: Please use this link to apply: https://jobs.lever.co/logikcull/fe251e60-dc27-4237-80f7-511051422b5c?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=WeWorkRemotely