About this job
- At least 5 years prior experience working in a tech environment similar to what's described above
- A love for learning
- Phoenix locals (or those willing to relocate) strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to see projects through to completion
Values of the Engineering Team:
- End-to-end ownership: Each project gets an Engineering owner that is responsible for the success of the project.
- Launch early and iterate: Done is better than perfect. Although we maintain a minimum standard of quality, we believe in getting value out of features and enhancements as soon as possible, while rapidly iterating.
- Do things that don’t scale: We believe that our software should automate existing manual processes to save time, rather than preempt potential needs to avoid building unnecessary software. Our litmus test for deciding on new features is “Has the team done this manually first?”. Of course, we’re pragmatic even about this value.
- Pragmatism: In a growing startup, our philosophy is that it’s important to be pragmatic. We are rarely dogmatic and use Judo moves to efficiently solve problems.
Time & Benefits:
- Ability to work remotely
- Full time, 40 hours a week
- Located in Downtown Phoenix- remote work is available
- Free mattress and other products
- Health benefits for employee and dependents
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave for eligible employees
- 401k with company match
- Generous vacation and sick leave policy
- Monthly company events
- Snacks and drinks stocked in the fridge
- Casual dress code, open office environment
Life at Tuft & Needle
About Tuft & Needle
Tuft & Needle was founded in 2012 by two software engineers who quit their jobs in Silicon Valley and moved to Phoenix, Arizona. In a $14 billion industry full of marketing gimmicks, unfair markups, sales commissions, and overwhelming options, we've used an iterative design and development process to create superior, honest products at a fair price. That philosophy is reflected in everything we do.
A developer mindset guides every aspect of our business — from the products we create to the day-to-day operations of the company — we ideate, iterate, and constantly improve. We believe process should be extracted from things that are working well, not just what we’ve done in the past. We are hyper-focused on results, and don’t expect our team to hold specific office hours (although we do have a pretty sweet office). We aren’t against formal scrum sprints and stand-ups, but have found that our team works well without them.
Check out our developer site to meet our digital team at developer.tn.com!
- 100% Medical and Dental monthly premiums paid by T&N
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Dollar-for-dollar 401K match (up to 4%)
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- HSA Contribution
- Wide range of snacks and drinks stocked in the fridge
- Beautiful office with options to work in open or private settings
- Free mattress upon joining the team