Headquarters: Austin, TX
Growth Machine is expanding quickly, and we need your help to continue being the best SEO and content marketing agency on the internet.
We're hiring an Associate SEO Strategist to work with our content planning and link building teams to do the research and competitive analysis they need to provide the best strategies for our clients.
You'll be in charge of identifying good keyword opportunities, running technical site audits, assessing competitor strengths and weaknesses, and tracking the results of the work we're doing. Your efforts will directly impact as many as 15-20 clients, and millions of monthly readers.
If you're someone who gets excited about figuring out the mysterious inner workings of Google, testing new things, and seeing your work lead to huge increases in customers and readers, this is the perfect role for you.
Who You Are
- You Love SEO: You read up on the latest updates, follow the thought leaders in the space, and are always looking for new (white hat) things to try to boost your rankings.
- You're Data Driven: Spreadsheets are one of your favorite tools, and your comfortable working with large amounts of quantitative info.
- You're Self-Motivated: You've grown something on your own using SEO, whether it's a personal blog, affiliate site, side project, etc.
- You're an SEO Tool Whiz: You should be very comfortable with Ahrefs and Google Analytics, and any other SEO tools you use in your stack.
- You're Organized: You love setting up new systems, you keep your cool if things get chaotic, and you can juggle lots of projects and requests at once.
- Keyword Research: You'll be in charge of doing strategic keyword research for planning out our client's SEO strategy.
- Competitor Analysis: You'll handle assessing our client's SEO competition, and identifying weak areas we can target.
- Technical Audits: You'll run technical SEO audits for our new clients, and monitor the technical health of their sites.
- Tracking: You'll manage our tracking tools such as Ahrefs, Accuranker, and Google Analytics to make sure we and our clients have up-to-date stats on our projects.
- Reporting: You'll assist in compiling our weekly updates to clients showing how they're performing from an SEO standpoint.
Benefits of working with us
- Remote Work: We’re a 100% remote company, so you can work anywhere that's in a US timezone. A few of us are in Austin, but you don't have to be.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- Profit Sharing: Each quarter we're profitable, a portion of that profit is split amongst the team.
- Team Retreats: Three team trips per year to cities like Austin, LA, Chicago to get some time together in person.
- Flexible Hours: Want to go to the gym in the afternoon or prefer working later in the day? Not a problem as long as your work is done.
- Vacation and Holiday: 20 days paid vacation time, and we take off all major holidays, including a week over the New Year.