About this job
- Work with others to define, and propose for approval, a modern data platform design strategy and matching architecture and technology choices to support it, with the goals of providing a highly scalable, economical, observable, and operable data platform for storing and processing very large amounts of data within tight performance tolerances.
- Perform high-level strategy and hands-on infrastructure development for the VividCortex data platform, developing and deploying new data management services both in our existing data center infrastructure, and in AWS.
- Collaborate with engineering management to drive data systems design, deployment strategies, scalability, infrastructure efficiency, monitoring, and security.
- Discover, define, document, and design scalable backend storage and robust data pipelines for different types of data streams.
- Write code, tests, and deployment manifests and artifacts, using CircleCI, Git and GitHub, pull requests, issues, etc. Collaborate with other engineers on code review and approval.
- Measure and improve the code and system performance and availability as it runs in production.
- Support product management in prioritizing and coordinating work on changes to our data platform, and serve as a lead on user-focused technical requirements and analysis of the platform.
- Help provide customer support, and you'll pitch in with other departments, such as Sales, as needed.
- Rotate through on-call duty.
- Understand and enact our security posture and practices.
- Continually seek to understand and improve performance, reliability, resilience, scalability, and automation. Our goal is that systems should scale linearly with our customer growth, and the effort of maintaining the systems should scale sub-linearly.
- Contribute to a culture of blameless learning, responsibility, and accountability.
- Manage your workload, collaborating and working independently as needed, keeping management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
- Experience building systems for both structured and unstructured data.
- AWS infrastructure development experience.
- Mastery of relational database technologies such as MySQL.
- You are collaborative, self-motivated, and experienced in the general development, deployment, and operation of modern API-powered web applications using continuous delivery and Git in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience and knowledge programming in Golang or Java
- You have experience resolving highly complex data infrastructure design and maintenance issues, with at least 4 years of data-focused design and development experience.
- You are hungry for more accountability and ownership, and for your work to matter to users.
- You’re curious with a measured excitement about new technologies.
- SaaS multitenant application experience.
- Ability to understand and translate customer needs into leading-edge technology.
- Experience with Linux system administration and enterprise security.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, another engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
Life at VividCortex: Database Performance Monitoring
About VividCortex: Database Performance Monitoring
About VividCortex VividCortex provides deep database performance monitoring to drive speed, efficiency and savings. Our cloud-based SaaS platform offers full visibility into major open source databases – MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon Aurora, MongoDB, and Redis – at any scale without overhead. By giving entire engineering teams the ability to monitor database workload and query behavior, VividCortex empowers them to improve application speed, efficiency, and up-time. Founded in 2012, and headquartered in the Washington, DC metro area with remote teams in the US and abroad, our company’s growth continues to accelerate (#673 Inc. 5000). Hundreds of industry leaders like DraftKings, Etsy, GitHub, SendGrid, Shopify, and Yelp rely on VividCortex. We know our team is our greatest strength so we support our people with excellent benefits including 401k, professional development assistance, flexible paid leave (vacation, parental, sick, etc.), and a health/wellness benefit. We enjoy getting together and giving back to the community through volunteer services. We believe in offering every employee the tools and opportunity to impact the business in a positive way. We care about inclusiveness and working with people who help us learn and grow.
- Take-as-you-need PTO
- 100$ per month gym reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health, Vision, Dental
- Generous paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits