About this job
What You’ll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of relevant systems and business goals to guide you in designing and building effective solutions.
- Own and architect foundational business services.
- Communicate and partner cross-functionally with teams in product and software development.
- Drive new product initiatives forward by thinking creatively and with good judgment.
What We Need
- A self-starter who discovers practical solutions to hard problems and enjoys minimizing complexity along the way.
- Eagerness to collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to finish exceedingly important work.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing software solutions.
- A willingness to collaborate with teammates distributed across nations and timezones in a flexible workspace built and defined by you! Read more about our Remote Working Manifesto.
- Comfortable working in an agile development environment
- A willingness to establish and help maintain test-driven development principles.
- Our Core Engineering Team Values sound a lot like you, and sound like the people you want to work with.
- You are committed to diversity and inclusion. At Magic Memories, we interact with millions of people across hundreds of sites in over 20 countries globally. Your unique history, culture, and community perspective are invaluable to the team we are building.
- Bonus: Team leadership experience and a desire to mentor other software developers.
- Bonus: B.S. in Computer Science or similar education.
- Bonus: 5+ years of professional experience in building distributed systems and web services in a variety of languages and platforms.
Our Technical Environment
- We are primarily focused on building new systems in Java (Spring Boot) and Angular, with extensive cloud infrastructure at AWS
- We maintain existing systems built in C#, Java, AngularJS, and PHP.
- We have extensive systems deployed on-premise in locations around the world
- That said, the technologies and stacks on which we build our digital product will belong to the team and be shaped by you, in this role.
The Interview Process
A typical candidate interview could last up to two hours. We value the input and participation of our team in every hire, so you might have anywhere from three to five total interviews with team members such as our Product Manager, the CTO, and other Software Developers. We also believe that assigning extra time for evaluation helps to increase interviewer accuracy in candidate assessments. Our aim in this process is to reduce our personal biases in order to find talent that can add to our overall team knowledge.
How to Apply
- Send an email to [email protected] with a note, your resume, and a sheet of references, or apply directly using this job board.
- As a bonus, include some examples of what you have built or accomplished in the course of your career that would illustrate why you are an excellent fit for this role. This can include side/pet projects as well.
- Competitive salary for your role.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance (depending on location of domicile)
- Generous annual leave and holidays
- A remote-only team to add flexibility to your daily life, creating time for important things like kids, spouses, friends, sports, and fun activities.
Life at Magic Memories Digital, Ltd.
About Magic Memories Digital, Ltd.
Magic is in the business of making people smile. We aim to create lasting memories in theme parks, museums, zoos, and other attractions from Auckland and San Francisco to London and Tokyo. To accomplish that, we are building a foundational digital platform that will support our guests and the memories they create.
Our main goal is to create an avenue for the 100 million guests we encounter each year to manage the memories they capture. We’re looking for a seasoned software engineer to join our team who wants to build a cutting-edge digital strategy by collaborating with stakeholders on product ideation, design, implementation, and data-driven decision making.
In this role, you will break new ground establishing a brand new digital product that will be used by millions of existing customers. We are nimble in our strategy, deploying minimum viable products to our users as frequently as possible. We are adamant about accelerating our learning and adapting our product to more optimal use cases. Plus, you’ll get to explore new technology in facial recognition and machine learning systems.
- Competitive salary for your role
- Health, vision, and dental insurance (depending on domicile)
- Generous annual leave and holidays
- A remote-only team to add flexibility to your daily life