Full Time / Sandusky, Ohio
If you are a full stack WordPress developer that knows their stuff from the smallest lines of code up to the biggest plans for hosting and managing websites – and have deployed a network of WordPress sites across an organization – WE HAVE THE JOB FOR YOU!
We publish news and information on a daily basis across a network of sites, which presents us with challenges to keep moving forward quickly and to be successful in a ever changing media landscape. We are looking for someone who motivated, enjoys thinking outside the box, isn’t afraid of a challenge and is willing to take the initiative. We want you to help us be successful, which in turn will help you learn and grow.
WE NEED YOU TO...
- Know WordPress inside and out
- Have experience building and deploying many WordPress sites across an organization
- Be familiar with, and be able to advise upon, the best plugins and services to integrate
- Design a practical database schema for content, taxonomies and user roles
- Work directly with both our customer experience and advertising revenue teams to deploy features and technology to grow our business goals
- Integrate third-party software and services into WordPress
- Test and QA development and work with others to help ensure quality work
- Offer best practices and knowledge on: Planning, Coding and Maintaining a network of sites with a good data structure
BONUS POINTS IF YOU…
- Live in either North-Central Ohio or the Tri-Cities area in East Tennessee
- Build your own WordPress themes from scratch
- Are familiar with the publishing industry
- Can Deploy and Host sites on WP Engine
- Have Google DFP integration experience
- Know React.js
- Are familiar with APIs for, but not limited to, MailChimp, CXense, YouTube
- Have a proven track record showing how your planning and implementation of WordPress has delivered success
WHO ARE WE?
We are a privately-owned newspaper group with news outlets and offices in several states. You will be working with a small, ambitious and fun team of designers and builders looking to push our sites forward using great tech, and smart decisions.
ABOUT THE JOB
You can work remotely as a contractor, or on-site as an FTE at one of our regional offices in Ohio or Tennessee. We have flexible hours and a casual approach that is balanced with meeting deadlines and being driven. If you work for us as a onsite full-time employee we allow flexible time for you to work at home as well as on-site.
Position available to U.S. citizens only.
How to apply
Send your cover letter, resume and links to: