- Remote job
- Small business
Action Builder is a labor and community organizing CRM from Action Network, a not-for-profit technology company building infrastructure for the progressive movement. The purpose: growing and sustaining leaders in our communities and workplaces. We believe in treating every person as an individual who has the power to change the world. And we build tools that reflect that belief using a shared ownership development model.
The person in this role will make crucial design choices, ensuring an excellent user experience for movement activists and organizers. You will build the concept for a feature, facilitate on-the-ground feedback, and then take it from design through frontend development. The position reports to Action Builder’s Product Manager and will be deeply involved in the conversations about the tool’s evolution with our cooperative development table.
- Design the interface and interaction flow of responsive web and mobile experiences. Establish and document UI patterns to help maintain quality and consistency across application features.
- Participate in key phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, user research, design, front-end development, post-launch evaluation, iterative improvements, and new features.
- Support the team with UX documentation as needed (sketches, wireframes, prototypes, etc.).
- Contribute to a strong design culture by collaborating with all members of the organization and advocating for users.
We are looking for someone with design experience, fluent in CSS/HTML who gets excited about tackling new problems and seeing them from a user’s perspective. Experience working or volunteering with progressive causes would give you a leg up in understanding our project, but is not required.
- Mobile first responsive design
- Experience with CSS animations
- Formal UX experience
- Experience in an Agile environment
We believe in living our values, and creating a work culture that looks like what the future of work should be. The salary range is 95-120k annually, with family healthcare, dental and a 401(k) grant. We offer unlimited vacation (with a two week annual minimum), sick leave, paid holidays and parental leave. No location requirements, you can be based anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and firmly believe that respecting all people and building diverse teams should be a cornerstone of the progressive movement. We encourage you to apply and join us!
- Front-end Engineering
- Design & User Experience
- Tier 5
- Small business
- Action Network