About this job
Clevertech is looking for a DevOps Manager to join our global team and support over 20 development teams with cloud infrastructure using rancher, terraform, docker, kube, jenkins, test suites, logging and reporting.
This position requires excellent verbal and written communication. You are comfortable having a meeting with the head of IT of a major organization as well as configuring security to solve new issues that show up from pen test scanning.
Ideally, you are AWS certified and have a software development background. You are able to devise proactive solutions to project-related issues and inspire trust in all stakeholders. You’re a team player who is ready to work with your team to find solutions.
- Recent experience with container management tools Kubernetes and Rancher
- Strong background in Linux administration
- Strong grasp of automation/configuration management (either Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, Chef, Terraform)
- Experience with Amazon AWS tools
- Version Control with Git. We use GitHub
- Experience with CI/CD in Jenkins
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Comfort with collaboration across functional borders
- Experience in highly-available IT operations: fault-tolerance, zero-downtime deploy, scalability
- Experience supporting container-based orchestration and deployment systems such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
- Trunk-based development
- Infrastructure as code (we use Terraform)
- Security Best Practices / Secure architecture and design
One of the many great perks that Clevertech offers is our annual Personal Development Fund, where we encourage our CleverPeople to invest in themselves to grow themselves personally and/or professionally. CLICK HERE to learn more about how Joseph, Clevertech Tech Lead, used his to take his personal hobby to the next level.
Life at Clevertech
Clevertech is a leading consultancy that is on a mission to build transformational digital solutions for the world’s most innovative organizations. Enterprise companies turn to Clevertech to help them launch innovative digital products that interact with hundreds of millions of customers, transactions and data points. By partnering with Clevertech these companies are propelling forward and changing their industries, business models and more.
Based in New York City with fully remote development teams, Clevertech has built core product offerings for clients whose value was revealed in transactions valued in excess of $100 million.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We are hiring team members who are passionate and energized by the vision of empowering our customers in a complex industry through technology, data and a deep understanding of client concerns. In order to grasp the scale of problems we face, ideally you have some exposure to Logistics, FinTech, Transportation, Insurance, Media or other complex multifactor industries.
- Full-Time Telecommuting
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Ability to Work with Cutting-Edge Technology
- Opportunity to Work with and Learn from Top Developers
- Contribute to Open Source
- Flexible Family Leave
- E-Reader for Trainings, Book Club, & Book Recommendations
- Annual Personal Development Stipend