Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
We’re only able to consider applicants based in the United States at this time. (You can work remotely anywhere in the United States, or from our office in San Francisco.)
We are looking for an experienced backend developer comfortable designing, developing & maintaining complex data services, with a focus on flexibility and developer experience. We’re a small (<10) engineering team distributed around the US & Europe, with an office in San Francisco. We iterate quickly, ship every day, build for the long term, and are looking for smart, independent engineers who want to ply their trade with like-minded people.
- Design, build, deploy and iterate on new features and capabilities of the Archipelago SaaS API platform stack.
- Collaborate with other engineers, design, and product to build out new capabilities and designs.
- Build fast but design for the feature through architecting efficient and reusable components.
- Own the quality of your deliverable through good design, implementation and unit testing.
- Ship code to production frequently.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience providing backend development to products and enterprise software
- 2+ years of experience working with Golang and background with other back end languages and tools
- Strong knowledge of RESTful APIs and well developed practices around, versioning, error handling on remote interfaces
- Experience with integrating 3rd party APIs
- Experience working in cloud based environments, e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Building data driven services on top of database such as Postgres, MySQL, MariaDB, etc.
Desired but not Required
- Experience building applications for the insurance industry.
- Containerization experience targeting Docker and Kubernetes.
- You’ll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
- We’re a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
We have an office in San Francisco, but most of your engineering teammates work remotely from around the world. Pre-existing remote work experience would be a big plus. If you’d like to work remotely, please note that we’re only able to consider applicants based in the US, UK or Europe at this time.
Archipelago is an start-up working to revolutionize how risk is insured. Our founders are tech & finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts. We are headquartered in San Francisco, have raised several million in seed money to date, and currently employ over a dozen people across the US & Europe.