About this job
Are you a PASSIONATE Senior Technical Director looking to develop your career working at the forefront of IoT innovation? Do you have the hunger to explore the unchartered territory of Internet of Light PARTNERING with a dynamic R&D team? Do you want to be part of a new venture to help maximise business PERFORMANCE? If the answers to the questions are yes, then we want to hear from you.
Tridonic is recruiting for a Senior Technical Director to work in our newly established software competence centre for lighting technologies in Porto as the business strengthens its group wide software know-how. The Centre of Competence will enable the company to react to current market trends towards Smart Lighting, Connected Solutions and IoT. While the lighting industry is facing a digital transformation and a very competitive market environment, software-oriented services and solutions are gaining more importance. Tridonic will invest in this fast growing business area in order to continue producing innovative and technological superior products and solutions You will be part of a team on the edge of innovation who take pride in bringing to the market new innovations and state of the art technology. This is an exciting time to be joining the Tridonic team as we look to strengthen our position as the global driver of lighting technology.
The Software Centre will employ 25 software engineers within the current financial year, with a plan to grow to 75 software engineers in the following years.
As the Senior Technical Director of the CoC Software on the Tridonic IoT team, you will lead, shape, strengthen and expand the development team, which will build a world-class IoT platform allowing our customers to easily manage their lighting and "beyond lighting" devices. You will build the Porto Software Center of Competence identity and culture by providing leadership and expertise in order to ensure optimum performance levels and the realization of an effective development process.
Your remit will include but not limited to:
- Build the identity and culture of our Software Center of Competence in Porto
- Lead a team of engineers to design solutions that meet our customers' expectations
- Provide guidance, inspiration and motivation to team members and help them to grow professionally and further leverage their performance levels
- Ensure that every team member has appropriate product and technical specifications, that resources for prioritized initiatives are provided and a clear direction of our core products is given
- Harmonize, standardize and improve continuously our processes, methods and tools, which includes as well the establishment and implementation of relevant guidelines
- Establish a network of external software partners and at the same time collaborate with the recruiting and HR team to attract and retain high-quality and diverse talent
- Ensure an effective allocation of resources to projects, considering the agreed roadmaps and develop individual employee's performance taking into account the required skills
- Be the interface to the Headquarter in Dornbirn regarding all R&D related topics
- Be responsible for the budget, monitor the output and set the KPIs
You should have a Master Degree in computer science or a related field. You will have experience in hiring and leading agile software teams of 10+ engineers. You will have expertise in accepted software development lifecycle processes and tools. You will also have experience of modern distributed architecture, development frameworks for scalable and fast applications and understanding of developing software in RTOS environments (e.g. Linux Embedded). Finally, you will display proven understanding of security concepts and best practices.
If this is you and you are excited reading this then Tridonic offers the opportunity to build a truly global career with a market leading brand. You'll be joining an award winning team in a growing market with the freedom to make an impact - and build the career you're proud of.
Enlightening your career
We curiously discover new fields of work together, our mentoring program is meant to support you to fully develop your skills and potentials.
Your best individual work-life balance will vary over time, often on a daily basis, this why we offer flexible working-models and sabbatical options for our employees.
Be part of a network of creativity and high-tech; and contribute to an ecosystem that enables you to realize your potential within multinational, intercultural teams.
Open-minded and respectful culture
Working for the ZG means to be a part of an open-minded and passionate culture based on the spirit of the company's founder Dr. Walter Zumtobel.
Life at Zumtobel Group
About Zumtobel Group
Active in more than 90 countries, the Zumtobel Group is a leading global player offering innovative, high-quality lighting solutions and lighting components. With its three internationally established brands, Thorn, Tridonic and Zumtobel, and its two smaller brands, acdc and Reiss, the Group offers its customers around the world a comprehensive range of products and services.
- Company sports club
- Group Learning Academy
- Job ticket for public transport
- Fitness offer
- Discount for employees
- Home office
- Mentoring program
- Flexible working-programs