Who we are
We’re an international creative technology company with offices in Australia and North America. We’re a talented and diverse group of creative thinkers, problem solvers, designers, writers, producers and engineers. We work alongside, and embedded within, cultural organizations to help them build people-centric interpretive experiences.
All our projects foreground place, from our ongoing partnership with the Mona museum in Tasmania to our latest immersive audio experiences with the Art Gallery NSW and Smithsonian Institution’s Freer Sackler Museum. We specialize in creating magical experiences of and about place by seamlessly blending the physical and digital world, connecting people to new ideas derived from their immediate surroundings.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our diverse and multidisciplinary team to work across projects for international clients. You’ll help create innovative and effective content and experience solutions that empower our wide range of clients to consistently deliver world-class visitor experiences. You’ll collaborate with clients across a range of experiential disciplines that include digital media, location-aware audio, immersive physical environments and as-yet-to-be-defined experiences, ensuring all design deliverables meet Art Processors’ standards of excellence, within established timelines and budgets.
It takes a special kind of human…
You’re imaginative yet thorough – balancing creative with the underlying needs of the user. You’ll find a way (or make your own) even when the path isn’t clear. And you’ll keep an acute level of attention to detail the whole way through. You’re organised and can juggle projects, priorities and workloads, but manage to complete them all with a high level of effectiveness.
While you can put your head down and self-manage through multiple projects at once, you’re just as good at bouncing around ideas, communicating your concepts, and collaborating with the broader team. You’re just as excited to be hands-on with the tools as contributing to big-picture concept development.
We’re an extremely collaborative group, and that’s music to your ears – you are ambitious and humble in equal measure. And you thrive in a team environment and have no problems collaborating with a remote team across time zones and cultures!
Some qualities you must possess…
- 6+ years of experience working on similar projects.
- Strong knowledge of digital media.
- Highly skilled visual and oral communicator with the ability to inspire confidence during client interactions.
- A proven track record in the planning and execution of a wide variety of design projects.
- Strong leadership and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate, present and sell ideas.
- Flexibility, good humor, resilience, openness to constructive feedback and critique.
- Desire to experiment, ability to learn from failure and drive to excel in unchartered territory.
- Experience designing for mobile (iOs, Android, HTML) and/or touch screens and/or mixed-reality is preferred.
- Bonus points for past experience working in the Arts & Cultural sector.
We promote a friendly, human work environment; providing you with the support, tools and resources to flourish in your role. You’ll be able to draw on the support of a widely experienced team while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in your craft while delivering unique experiences to some of the most innovative creative institutions in the world.
In addition to the above, you’ll:
- Have opportunities to continually learn, grow and develop your skills
- Have access to benefits which support your wellbeing including comprehensive medical, dental, vision and disability package
- Be able to participate in an employer-contributed 401(k) program
- Be able to work flexibly with access to different leave types and flexible work arrangements
At AP we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our clients. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.