About this job
- Development of our main API
- Development of our smaller backend services
- Integration of external systems into our platform
- Formal education in computer science
- Significant experience designing and implementing backend services
- Significant experience with software development in Go
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- You work independently and goal oriented
- You have excellent English skills
Additional factors we appreciate:
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working with Linux/*BSD
- You have experience working with backend services like Nginx or RabbitMQ
- You have experience with Kubernetes/GCP
- You are active in the open-source community
- You can speak German
Life at refurbed
We are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German speaking region and are based in Vienna. Through our marketplace, completely renewed electronics like phones, laptops and tablets that are 40% cheaper and 100% more sustainable are sold to consumers.
We founded the company in February 2017 and grew to more than 70 employees in less than three years and expanded to Italy and Poland already. Along the way we won several awards, completed two large funding rounds and have already sold hundreds of thousands of products, which makes us one of the fastest growing startups in Europe right now. Our team has extensive international experience in the refurbishment industry, how to create a brand and how to scale a marketplace.
Our main system consists of an HTTP API and backend workers written in Go, a public interface serving HTML pages to our customers written in Go and connecting to our API, Vue.js interfaces embedded into our public interface, and a standalone Vue.js management interface.
Key technologies are: Go, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ and AMQP.
Together with you we want to build the leading marketplace for refurbished electronics in Europe.
- Remote work
- Highly skilled team
- Flexible working hours
- Sustainability driven business
- Startup atmosphere