About this job
We are looking for a full-time Full Stack Developer to help plan, design, and implement our large-scale development projects. You have experience building custom solutions using WordPress and understanding and writing frontend code. If you are a generalist when it comes to writing code and comfortable on any end of a tech stack, then you might be the perfect fit.
We build digital experiences for organizations making the world a better place, clients like the International Rescue Committee, the American Cancer Society, and the Rainforest Alliance. We are a small, flexible, and collaborative team excited about tackling challenging projects.
Must be in the Americas. We are particularly interested in candidates in Argentina. Our lead developer is based in Buenos Aires.
Must speak English fluently.
- You're a creative problem solver who can balance the technical and business value of the task at hand.
- You don’t do things just because they were always done that way.
- You're not afraid of asking questions or admitting when you don't have the answer.
- You're experienced at managing multiple projects, concurrent deadlines, and working under pressure.
- You're curious and a quick learner; eager to learn new methods and technologies
- You're an excellent communicator in both verbal and written English (required)
- You're quick to jump on a video chat to work a problem out quickly instead of relying on Slack or email.
- You've got a good sense of humor.
- You're interested in social change and engaged with causes.
- Write backend application code for WordPress-based and other types of websites.
- Assist with and direct frontend development as necessary, particularly in regards to the intersection between front and back end application design.
- Managing Node dependencies and other libraries related to projects, as well as the configuration of those libraries.
- Assist with light DevOps operations, such as code deployments and build script configurations.
- Complete ongoing maintenance tasks within regular sprint cycles, and direct the testing and documentation around those tasks.
- Offer feedback to designers and product stakeholders during the early strategic phases of projects.
- 5+ years of backend development using languages like PHP (especially) and Ruby
- Ability to build and test web applications end-to-end, and have a thorough understanding of HTTP requests, RESTful APIs, authorization systems and comfort with using third-party solutions to solve problems.
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills and great patience in dealing with technical problems
- Experience and familiarity with the MVC architectural pattern (Laravel, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, etc.)
- Comfort with the terminal, running command-line based utilities, knowledge of shell scripting (e.g. Bash)
Nice to Have
- Experience with
- writing frontend build scripts, for example using Webpack
- Container-based applications, particularly using Docker
- Background in working with fast-paced environments like a creative agency
- A dog or cat you like to share pictures of with the team
How to Apply
Please upload an awesome (seriously) cover letter and your resume. And include links to your Github account in the introduction space.
Life at Radish Lab
About Radish Lab
Radish Lab is a full-service interactive creative agency that focuses on people and projects that create an impact in our world. We’re headquartered in Brooklyn, New York with an office in Berlin, Germany.
We build innovative websites, applications, data visualizations, and interactive experiences for non-profits, cultural institutions, universities, advocacy organizations, health, and science-based organizations, as well as social businesses.
We've worked with the International Rescue Committee, United Nations, UNICEF, American Cancer Society, Promundo, Columbia University, BMW Foundation, (RED), and the Guggenheim.
We’re looking to have an impact on the world using design and technology.
- Co-working space allowance
- Yearly team retreat
- Continuing education or training benefits based on goals