About this job
Gaggle has been providing safe online learning products and solutions to the K-12 market since 1999. Our focus is, and always has been, on student safety so educators can have the confidence to allow learners to take advantage of current technology for communication, collaboration and learning.
The Sr. Developer will develop and maintain Java-based micro-services/applications hosted in the AWS cloud. You'll collaborate with your co-workers to deliver clean code in an agile environment. You'll work in a fast-paced environment on high throughput applications that serve the K-12 education market. You'll need to be well versed in Java-based RESTful web service development environment.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Work with product management and cross-functional teams to solve issues related to customer-facing services
- Take ownership of projects that matter from technical design through implementation
- Participate in technical design/code reviews
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- In-depth understanding of Java
- Swagger API toolkit
- Docker container experience
- AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, SQS, ECS, API Gateway, etc.)
- Experience developing and scaling services in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Development experience in an Agile environment
- Frameworks and Testing frameworks: Spring, JUnit, Mockito
- Experience with version control systems, particularly git
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and a team player
- US-based, home office (remote) capabilities required
Although applications will be accepted until the position is filled, candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their application materials by January 31, 2019. Please send cover letters and resumes to [email protected].
The position will offer a competitive compensation package composed of a salary commensurate with the candidate’s level of experience. Employee benefits include, but are not limited to medical, dental and vision and participation in Gaggle's 401(k).
Life at Gaggle.Net
Gaggle.net's Core Values
Before we get to the technical requirements of the job, let's make sure Gaggle is an environment you're going to enjoy and be successful. We have a number of core value that we use to guide how we work together, and how we grow as a company. These aren't motivational poster gimmicks. They're recurring themes that have worked for us as we've grown as a company and we keep them in our minds during those times when we tackle the big challenges:
- Innovation over Perfection - We've always been a company that has pushed hard to come up with new solutions to problems even at the risk of getting it wrong. We make mistakes, but that's ok. Our drive to innovation is a strength of Gaggle, but it also leads to some real challenges and even outright problems. We need to know and understand this about ourselves; celebrate it and at times compensate for it.
- Hire Exceptional People (and let them do their job) - Working with great people is a powerful motivator. It makes us better when we are challenged by great coworkers. On the other hand, working with someone who doesn't carry their weight drags everyone down. Let's never settle!
- Work Hard; Make it Better - If you see something that is not right, roll up your sleeves and pitch in to find a solution.
- Develop solutions that make a difference in children's lives
- Flexible Hours
- 100% telecommute position, work from home