About this job
Here at Trello, we celebrate the many ways we work. With a team of around one hundred, we connect from Atlanta coworking spaces, forests, by Hawaii beaches, from our headquarters in lower Manhattan, and many other locations.
We expect our developers to contribute more than just code. You’ll be involved in defining how things work, what they do, and why we do that instead of something else. We also expect you to share your knowledge and expertise with everyone else. In other words, we’re all whole humans and expect the same from you. If that interests you, read on to learn more about the role.
- Building out the architecture for third party Power-Ups, enabling any developer to build and launch a Trello Power-Up.
- Developing new first party Power-Ups to help solve pain points for our users. Examples of existing first party Power-Ups are calendar, card voting, and card aging.
- Maintaining and improving our fantastic chat integrations like Trello app for Slack.
- Working with our Developer Advocate on the platform team, to maintain and improve documentation for building Power-Ups.
- Work with Product Managers, Designers, and other Developers to refine feature design and functionality.
More About You
- You have experience improving large scale web applications.
- You have experience building features across the full stack
- You have a passion for making features that are quick, useful, and easy to use.
- You have strong opinions on what makes a good API both architecturally and from a documentation standpoint.
- You strive to master any technology, language, or development environment that is needed or useful.
- You’re a fast learner, can contribute from day one, and can bring good opinions to the table.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English, and communicate about what you're doing with your coworkers.
More About Us
Our developers and designers run the show with management existing only to support, not dictate. We hire creative people and give them the autonomy to do great work. We're strongly against artificial separations of responsibility and throwing work "over the wall."
Our office is in New York City (but you don't have to be).
We built Trello to be a remarkably great place to work.
We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, parental status, or caregiver status.
When you apply…
In your cover letter, please tell us:
- Why do you want to work for Trello?
- If you could build a Power-Up for Trello, what would it be?
Life at Atlassian
More about the perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs, ample time off to relax and recharge, unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including beer and bubbly), ergonomic workstations with Aeron chairs, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 60,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.