Headquarters: South Africa / United Arab Emirates
Tutuka is looking for a Global Operations Leader and creative mind to join our team, to shape the operations of the organisation and drive its future success. This is not your every-day operations role, and we are not your every-day company….
This brand-new role has arisen due to our rapid growth, and presents a rare opportunity for someone to define and implement our approach to Operations. Working directly with the CEO, and the rest of the management team, you will head up a team and will be responsible for driving performance across a number of critical areas: global support, general operations, compliance & fraud plus overlapping operations with our subsidiaries’ companies. All in line with our global framework and strategy.
While operational rigour is necessary, this is also an entrepreneurial role. You need to be willing and able to get stuck into ad-hoc strategic projects, act as a sounding board to the management team, and be able to see what is coming around the corner from an operational perspective. This is a remote working position that offers the opportunity to travel extensively, with up to 40% of your time spent at any one of our offices across Johannesburg, Dubai, Bangkok, or at one of our subsidiaries.
You will ensure that Tutuka delivers solutions that delight customers and team members by designing, operating and improving quality, productivity and profitability through continuous process excellence and cost optimisation. As you do this, it will be key that you are also able to demonstrate an ability to take teams along with you, supporting a culture that fosters learning and personal development. Our remote working culture is really important to us, and a key part of your role will be to champion this across your various teams, internationally.
This role requires the ability to act independently, a sense of urgency and the confidence to handle a variety of challenges. A full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement are expected in this position.
The emphasis is on effective operations that achieve results through and with people. The job environment is flexible, constantly changing and provides opportunity for growth, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results. As such, there is potential for this position to become a part of the Global Management Team.
Responsibility for our Global Support Team:
- Responsible for the strategy and delivery of our Global Support Team (based internationally across Latin America, South Africa and Thailand)
- Ensuring that the support team provides global level customer service across 18 different countries and growing
- This will require change management skills, automation know-how and a real passion for making things happen
- Recruiting a support team manager
Responsibility for our Subsidiary Businesses:
- Work with each subsidiary’s management to track activities, costs and operations to track progress toward goals and objectives
- Look for opportunities to reduce or share costs across subsidiaries
- Look for opportunities to share platforms across subsidiaries
Responsibility for Compliance and Fraud:
- Put in place an operational process and people to manage compliance and fraud on a daily, monthly and annual basis so that Tutuka protects our customers and meets our partner bank’s compliance and fraud requirements
- Work with our internal development team and outside partners to put in place systems to enable this operational process
Responsibility for General Operations:
- Operations can span more than one team at Tutuka, so this role includes growing beyond the responsibilities above to focus on operations that also touch new business, implementations and client service
- By virtue of the number of different teams that you will be working with, you will also need to have strong team leadership/ culture building skills:
- Drive Tutuka’s core values through your own approach and thus through the team, ensuring that the team are motivated, inspired and dedicated
- Ensure that there is a clear and consistent strategic alignment with Global Support, Compliance & Fraud, and the CEO’s of our subsidiaries to meet Tutuka’s objectives
- Promote communication between team members to increase information flow and to solve any problems that arise
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the fintech industry with knowledge of the following:
- 8+ years’ experience in an operational role with commercial exposure ideally in both a corporate and a high growth start-up
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to distil key facts from complex issues and present them appropriately to the audience, business or technical, junior or senior
- Ability to work autonomously under pressure to tight deadlines, prioritising work in a multi-customer environment where demand exceeds supply and resolving the conflicts that result from that
- Highly developed reasoning and analytical skill
If this role inspires you and you have what it takes to make a difference to Tutuka, then please get in touch and apply.
Tutuka looks to build strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences and identities.
To apply: http://smrtr.io/3d7xC