Headquarters: Calgary, Canada
Without Code Inc. is a website creation platform and community for designers at all experience levels. We provide software, resources and training to freelancers and business owners who build websites.
We are seeking remote contract photographers to photograph a variety of locations in your home town or region. Photo shoots will occur almost entirely on location in local businesses and organizations. All images will be used as stock photography for our portfolio of membership websites.
In addition to a strong understanding of photography fundamentals such as lighting, composure and depth of field, the ideal candidate should have a sense of current photography trends and web-friendly techniques such as composing images to allow for copy.
Access to a variety of independently owned (non-chain) businesses is an asset, as future photo shoots will rarely occur in the same location. Travel may be required.
Self starters who possess excellent communication skills and are capable of securing and scheduling new future photo shoot locations will be prime candidates. You will be interacting with business owners and points of contacts on a regular basis, and working in potentially busy environments such as restaurants, gyms or clothing stores. An outgoing individual that enjoys working with a variety of personalities is ideal.
We will consider multiple photographers at all levels of experience for this role. This could be great source of supplemental income for a professional or hobbyist photographer who is currently freelancing / employed.
- Strong portfolio of photography
- Own camera and equipment capable of producing high quality, high resolution digital images
- Excellent knowledge of post processing skills and techniques
- Ability to compose photos artistically using natural light and depth of field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in busy, loud, or potentially stressful environments.
- Excellent organizational skills, capable of managing large volumes of files (digital), as well as various forms and releases (both physical and digital)
- Understanding of the latest trends in modern web design is an asset
- Ability to respond to communications in a timely manner and meet project deadlines
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce and deliver high quality digital images in a variety of file sizes and resolutions
- Interact with business owners and points of contact on location during photo shoots
- Acquire and schedule new photo shoot locations
- Manage a variety of forms and releases, acquire signatures as needed
- Communicate with remote team members regularly via email, instant message or phone calls
- Prepare images using post processing techniques such as color correction, touch-up, and effects
To apply: To apply, please fully complete our photographer pre-interview here: https://withoutcode.typeform.com/to/we9Ffp