Full Time / SLC or Remote
Job Title: Analytics Engineer
Department: (ASO) Analytics Services Organization
Location: Salt Lake City, UT or Remote
Travel: Approximately 35-40%, US
About Health Catalyst Health Catalyst was named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune Magazine and the 11th best place to work by Glassdoor. Health Catalyst earned the highest overall score in Healthcare BI by KLAS and was named to the World’s Best 100 cloud companies by Forbes. Health Catalyst analyzes healthcare records of almost a third of the US population (65 million patients) and recently released the first open source software for healthcare machine learning: healthcare.ai. Health Catalyst’s platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, John Muir Health, Kaiser Permanente, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Providence Health & Services, Stanford Healthcare, Texas Children’s Hospital, and over 40 others. Health Catalyst products and services are utilized in over 400 hospitals and 4000 clinics, supporting over 90 million patients. Our team lives the cultural attributes of Smart, Hardworking, and Humble. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values.
Job Summary The AE role combines deep, analytics skills and a sound understanding of the processes and data that support the business of healthcare to inform a fundamental transformation of healthcare delivery as we know it today. The primary accountability of the AE is to ensure there is always a queue of measurable opportunities for our clients to act upon that will drive down cost, improve quality, and improve patient experience.
Additional accountabilities include: -Training up client resources to own analytics work in the future -Helping assess/determine what applications from the HC library would be valuable to deploy at the client site -Providing analytic continuity at the client through all phases of deployment. -Implementing and promoting Catalyst methodologies, while acting in the long-term best interest of the client.
- Managing client expectations and timelines for analytic deliverables.
- Navigating difficult client conversations with professionalism.
- Supporting the Analytic Director (AD) in key areas, including deployment, communication on the status of progress to client leadership, knowledge transfer and training on HC platform and technologies.
- Presenting analytic insights to clinical/operational/financial leadership at client.
- Interfacing with a variety of Health Catalyst (HC) roles (such as senior directors, product line managers, clinical staff, etc.) on an as needed basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leverage HC software and technologies to lead and perform varied analyses to support client outcomes improvement initiatives across clinical, operational and financial domains.
- Design data models and visualizations that meet project requirements and comply with HC design standards and principles.
- Manage technical client projects by providing technical oversight; ensure assigned projects are executed efficiently and according to project requirements and timelines.
- Lead data validation tests to ensure quality of measurement.
- Work with client data architects to train and mentor on HC tools and methodologies
- All other duties as assigned
- Expert level in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Strong experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes and principles. Familiarity with multiple ETL applications is a bonus.
- Deep experience designing, implementing and loading custom data models that reflect real-world problems
- Strong experience delivering analytics to technical, non-technical and leadership teams that influence and support business strategy
- Strong experience developing visualizations that consume data models for non-technical users
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to Interact with and communicate with all levels of employees and clients
- Self-motivated; comfortable working independently under general direction
- Health care experience, particularly working with data
- Statistical modeling experience
- Strong working knowledge of database principles, processes, technologies and tools
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Visualization experience using a variety of BI tools (Qlikview, Tableau, Cognos, Crystal Reports)
- Strong experience with development methodologies including AGILE development
- Secondary skills/attributes (highly desired); Stats, Predictive, Machine Learning, AI, etc. Quality improvement - Lean, 6 Sigma, etc. Project management
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA in information technology, math, statistics or business-related field or equivalent relevant work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in technology or technology related field
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
How to apply
Please apply via Health Catalyst Job board. https://healthcatalyst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/healthcatalystcareers