Full Time / Washington DC
Cloud Software Administrator
Are you interested in working in a fast paced environment helping peacebuilders all over the world? Are you interested in facing challenges that requires utmost creativity to get them solved? We’re looking for an IT superhero to join our thriving team. If you can wow us with your skills, you will join an outstanding team constantly pushing the IT limits to bring the best solutions, tools, and services to our more than 650 peacebuilders around the world.
Search for Common Ground is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and a European office in Brussels, Belgium, SFCG’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. SFCG seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 650 staff worldwide, SFCG implements projects from over 48 offices in 30 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States.
SFCG is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with dedicated and enthusiastic staff who love their work. You will be joining a highly motivated staff with a good team spirit with opportunities to grow in the role.
Our Global IT Department is seeking a hands-on, dedicated staffer to manage various cloud-based solutions vital to our day to day operations. This includes such things as our time, expense, human resources, grants management, intranet, and single sign-on solutions, in addition to our normal email and file storage. This will touch every single staffer in the organization, and therefore this position brings a high level of responsibility and expected performance. As the Cloud Software Administrator works with colleagues from many different backgrounds and countries, an appreciation and flexibility working with a diverse workforce is important.
This position will join a lean IT team with direct presence in the US, DR Congo, and Nepal and interact daily with staff from around the world.
Currently, Search uses the following systems, and previous demonstrated experience or background with them is highly desired.
- G Suite (Email, Calendar, Drive) & Google Admin
- Databasics (Time & Expense)
- Intacct (Finance)
- OneLogin (Single Sign-on)
- BambooHR (Human Resources)
- Lever (Recruitment)
- Meraki (Networks / Remote Management)
- Office 365 (Azure AD / License Allocation)
In addition, our IT roadmap for 2019 includes the selection and implementation of a grants management system, travel management system, and the replacement of an organizational intranet and online ticketing system.
This position requires exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills. The selected individual must collaborate with users to find creative and efficient solutions to meet their unique technological needs. The candidate must have the ability to work in a highly visible, fast paced environment. Must have strong problem solving skills, be able to steadily balance multiple projects, demonstrate initiative, and work independently with minimal supervision.
We are looking for an IT enthusiast who is excited in advancing the internal services we offer! Are you the one we are looking for?
Location: This position will report to the Senior Manager of Shared Services. The work location is negotiable, but strongly preferred to be in one of our headquarters or regional hubs, which are currently located in:
- Washington, DC, USA
- Brussels, Belgium
- Dakar, Senegal
- Amman, Jordan
- Kigali, Rwanda
- Kathmandu, Nepal
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Provides day to day management on all Search cloud-based technology solutions as above, including
- Works internally and with external contractors to develop and implement systems.
- Provides technological leadership and mentorship in the organization
- Collaborate with other team members to solve potential challenges and to develop new innovative features to assist our global staff in their mission to end violent conflict around the world.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- 3 or more years of current hands-on IT support experience
- Demonstrated admin experience with cloud-based tools as mentioned above or similar
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, and/or other related field (MSCE, CCNA/E, etc) or demonstrated IT related experience
- Highly developed IT research and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Team player who can handle stressful situations with diplomacy
- Ability to meet deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed
- Technology enthusiast willing to push the limits of what IT can do for the business
- Previous experience supporting internationally distributed offices with diverse infrastructures
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
- This position will remain open until filled.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity - Empathy - Impartiality - Inclusivity - Courage - Hope - Humility - Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.
Search for Common Ground
How to apply
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume- please include three references
- cover letter