Mission Minded seeks a WordPress Developer to join our full-time team. We are a brand strategy firm that works exclusively with nonprofits. As in all good strategy development, we are constantly pushing ourselves and our clients to think bigger, broader, deeper. We like to challenge assumptions. We like to look at problems from multiple angles to find the best solution for a nonprofit. So being someone who is comfortable with collaboration, input, and iterative thinking is key.
We’re a small company, and we genuinely value and respect one another. We don’t mind being stuck in an airport together on a business trip. In fact, because all of us are based in home offices, we welcome the chance to see each other non-digitally.
Because we’ve been around for over 15 years, we’ve developed a very strong reputation in the nonprofit community. Much of our business comes through referrals from previous clients. We’re proud of that. So we set high standards for our work. And we’re very, very committed to the idea of excellent customer service. This means all recommendations are based on sound strategy. Well written. Delivered with clarity. On time. Typo free.
As Mission Minded’s WordPress Developer, you will play a primary role in website development, with specific responsibility for requirements gathering, information architecture, technology planning, usability testing, development, and QA. You will be a hands-on developer. You will serve as the technical support on Mission Minded-created websites, including mission-minded.com.
This role entails bringing the latest in industry trends and WordPress expertise to Mission Minded’s development process. You’ll be responsible for managing timelines, acting as a strategic partner, and ensuring the highest quality of standards are met through every phase of website development. As a WordPress Developer, you will also play a role in collaborating with website designers and art directors as necessary. You should be well versed in taking approved designs, applying and iterating upon them to effectively develop sites and deliver on client expectations.
On client-facing projects in which you are the primary developer and technical lead:
- You will be responsible for requirements gathering and information architecture; developing wireframes and functional, live prototypes; technology planning; usability testing; development and QA. Based on the client project, you may provide ongoing maintenance and support as well.
You should contact us about this opportunity if you are a terrific developer, are a self-starter and stellar communicator, take pride in attention to detail and ensuring quality work is delivered on time, and have experience in and/or a demonstrated commitment to the nonprofit sector.
- Effectively serve as the primary developer and thought partner on projects to which you’re assigned through the entire web development process, from initial strategy to prototyping to build to QA to launch, ensuring consistency in quality and adherence to brand strategy
- Act as a thought-partner to other developers on projects which you do not play a primary role
- Develop websites that are accessible in modern browsers and mobile devices
- Represent technology within the strategy and creative ideation process to ensure solutions meet the intended schedule, budget, and technology scope
- Work collaboratively with a team of digital strategists, developers, and designers
- Play a contributing role to Mission Minded’s maintenance request system, addressing maintenance tickets as assigned and communicating internally and externally
- Manage project schedules on projects to which you’re assigned
- Assist with business development and participate in new business inquiries/assessments and review proposals and agreements
- Proactively identify ways to improve Mission Minded’s processes and client deliverables
- Travel as needed
For projects in which you’re the primary developer:
- Participate in client kickoff sessions
- Participate in group creative and strategy sessions
- Manage internal timelines and client deliverables for which you are responsible
- Define technical parameters for website
- Establish and guide the website’s architecture through live prototyping or wireframes
- Lead development of website
- Lead reviews for quality assurance
- Work with QA vendors as assigned (based on project)
- Lead WordPress/website training for clients
- Be accountable for site launching on schedule (once site is in development)
- Work with digital strategist to present client deliverables that are error-free
- 5+ years of progressive responsibility in website development
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing effective responsive WordPress websites
- Understanding of Drupal, Joomla, and other CMS platforms
- Experience with CMS, plugin, and API integrations into sites
- Strong understanding of industry trends
- Stellar client relations and project management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong sense of accountability
- Stellar problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and effectively represent the company culture
- Highly organized with a strong sense of urgency and an ability to effectively prioritize
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Sense of humor (we think that’s important in a customer service-based business)
- Adept user of InVision, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Web design experience preferred but not required; experience integrating and iterating upon approved designs into website development a must
If this sounds like you, we’d welcome your cover letter and resume. Please include why you want to join our team and develop websites for nonprofit organizations, and send to Julie Grawe, Director of Digital, at [email protected]
Mission Minded is committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse voices are active in all aspects of our organization. This requires a culture of inclusion, in which all individuals feel respected and are treated fairly, and different viewpoints, opinions, thoughts, and ideas are encouraged and embraced. We consider diversity comprehensively, including race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability and disability, age, and other factors that shape creative perspective and professional experience.
- Front-end Engineering
- Back-end Engineering
- Small business
- United States
- Mission Minded