About this job
Quickly maturing startup seeking like-minded Sr. Front-End Engineer in Core! PacketFabric is redefining the carrier network to software-as-a-service. The technical team is a small, talented, and close-knit group. We have a bond formed from the love of running head long at difficult problems and finding highly effective solutions. We need some help to make our customer billing system look as good as we feel.
As a well-rounded software engineer, you should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level! You will own the entire front-end application, so you must come armed with a solid understanding of programming principles, have a nearly magical intuition for good UI, and excellent understanding of front-end frameworks. A typical day in the life of a PacketFabric software engineer might include these types of activities:
- Architecting completely new features - such as a managed layer 3 routing service - with code reuse, client experience, and speed in mind.
- Scrutinizing page load times and refactoring code to optimize user experience for viewing large data sets with thousands, and tens of thousands of items.
- Working closely with the UI/UX and product leads to add intuitive features, such as advanced network QoS options.
- Working with back-end engineers and discussing quirks in the accounting systems and rules which translate to rapid API and UI changes.
- Interacting with internal customers and/or sales on a bug in the software, quickly resolving it, and coordinating across the team to push a fix.
- Researching additional ideas you may have, like providing better visualizations for revenue reports.
Skills & Requirements
The right candidates will have an extreme abundance of hard-core programming skills, have solid instincts for usability and creating beautiful functional web applications. You are probably a full stack developer who naturally gravitates towards front-end work. You know how to sacrifice algorithm elegance, for getting it done on deadline. You don't even need to be reminded of safe/secure programming practices, because things as simple as session security are inherent to your nature. More specifics include:
- Experience with Vue.js, Angular and AngularJS.
- Experience creating large scale data visualizations of any type.
- A solid foundation of OO programming paradigms
- Very comfortable using Git in a team environment (i.e. pull-requests, branch management, rebasing).
- Be completely at home on the *nix command line and have previous experience with a programming language typically used for back-end applications (preferably Python).
- Experience writing code that interacts asynchronously with detailed APIs on complex logic flows.
- Never being afraid to venture boldly where none have gone before and develop code where there are no previous libraries to draw from.
Life at Packet Fabric
About Packet Fabric
What PacketFabric doesn't offer:
- a dress code - so sorry, no casual Fridays
- pre-meetings where we plan meetings
- hours wasted in traffic commuting to the office
- dull moments
- rigid and defined job structure
What PacketFabric does offer:
- an opportunity to create in the space of new technologies like SDN and large data sets
- flexibility to play the different hats in a start up
- the change to disrupt entrenched Internet infrastructure
- interaction and involvement with the community groups such as Open-IX, Nanog, and RIPE
- new and interesting problems around automation of fundamental Internet infrastructure
- a team that likes to learn from each other
- a continuous develop environment where we are always turning out new features
- the ability to work with many different technologies
- the ability to work with lots of open source technology
- a non-corporate and relaxed atmosphere, with small company culture
- VERY good health, dental, and 401K
- Excellent Health Insurance
- Remote Work
- Awesome team mates
- Solve difficult problems
- Stock Options
- Your work makes a BIG impact
- Small company culture