Headquarters: Bedford UK
We are looking for a seasoned support specialist, who knows the ropes of SaaS, loves customers, loves remote, and wants to work for us.
Are you looking for a new company to hone and grow your skills in customer support?
Working for YouCanBook.me is a pretty good gig: You get remote work, you get great benefits, and you get happy, funny, international colleagues who are part of a small but very committed team.
We hire directly in Ireland, the UK and Spain (we like taking care of insurance, taxes and other benefits so you don't have to). You get to do what you love to do (help customers) knowing we've got your back. It's not always easy or pretty, but you know that.
Below are our all time favourite characteristics we look for in our customer support and success colleagues - if you see yourself in these, you have to apply!
- You are curious.
As a member of a team focused on our customers, you will be hearing the needs of customers constantly. This role will require you to ask questions about the best way to anticipate and meet their needs. It will require you to seek strategies and define your own process to provide customers an effortless experience with YouCanBook.me.
- You are comfortable with defining work/life boundaries.
This role is at a fully distributed company. Your own ability to define boundaries on your work and personal life is a non-negotiable part of this role.
- You are exceptional at prioritization and time management.
Jumping between various, unrelated tasks takes a toll on productivity, but is essential in this role. If you are able to quickly rank and prioritize the urgency and importance of various demands on your attention, you will do well. A scenario that requires you to interrupt your work to perform a more urgent task, leaving the original work uncompleted, will happen.
- You are emotionally mature and empathetic.
This role requires that you care about the feelings and priorities of our customers, while still making decisions that are right for the many, not simply the customer that you’re serving at that moment. Emotionally strong and grounded individuals don’t take negative emotions from customers personally. Emotional maturity and empathy are critical when interacting with your colleagues, as well.
- You love finding your own solutions, solving puzzles and problems.
Have you ever built something without any instructions on how to build it? Are you a pro at puzzle or escape rooms? Are you detail-oriented and ask questions that others don’t? This role requires your focus and persistence to dig beyond what you are told or information that is readily available to you (like what a customer tells you about their problem, or a data gap in your understanding of an aggregate customer experience).
About The Role
You will be joining a dynamic, inventive, multi-skilled team.
In this role you will:
- Provide front line support for customer issues and questions across a variety of channels, including email and social media
- Triage and correctly prioritize customer questions and problems that need attention
- Identify technical issues and collaborate with our quality assurance team to get them resolved
- Record and provide user feedback and feature requests to our design and engineering teams
- Identify strategic opportunities for customer retention, expansion, and sales in support channels
- Analyze your role and our company’s process and product, continually providing recommendations for improving our user experience and your effectiveness in serving our customers
- Advise customers on online scheduling best practices
You will need to:
- Display clear communication skills
- Have excellent written and spoken english - cover letters with typs will not be accepted.
- Love our culture, absorb everything in our 'who we are' culture doc
- Become an expert in our product and in online scheduling generally
- You must be legally qualified to work in the UK, Ireland or Spain (even if you don't currently reside there)
- You must be able to work business hours in GMT/UTC+0
- You must be in a position to travel for the company, at least a couple of times a year for conferences and company retreats.
Prior experience (we'd be expecting at least 2-3 years) in a customer support role* at a SaaS company required.
*PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DON'T MATCH THIS MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
Compensation and benefits
We are offering a starting salary of £45k+ per year (or current approx euro conversion). We run an open salary system inside the company so everyone knows what everyone else gets paid, so whatever number we come to, it will be fairly compared with what we pay the team.
As a remote team we try and unify benefits we offer depending on which country - generally expect fully paid health insurance / pension plan / profit share / generous leave allowance / work-from-home costs covered or co-working space covered.
How to Apply:
After passing our initial survey / screen linked to from this ad, we will expect a 1st class cover letter from you telling us why you want to work for us and why you are perfect for this position. All 'dear hiring manager' / 'to whom it may concern' and duplicate CV uploads are immediately filtered. If you'd like to know why, https://youcanbook.me/journal/how-to-hire-without-hurting.
Once we've got a shortlist, expect some tasty tasks to get stuck into, multiple chats with the team, and an opportunity to find out more - the chance to get this job is in your hands, not ours!