About this job
You’ll be a key driver for the development of our discovery service and be working alongside a small multi-disciplinary team including service design, backend and frontend developers and our QA team. The discovery service will eventually include 100+ million full-text articles that need to be indexed automatically to enable the end users an outstanding user experience for accessing research literature, including intelligent searches, advanced browsing through subject categories and get highly relevant recommendations on what to read and whom to collaborate with, based on their search and navigation behaviour on the platform.
To deliver excellent solutions, you should be able to think out of the box and pro-actively elaborate new creative solutions to the challenges researchers and students are facing. It is also important that you stay up-to-date with latest trends and technologies in related areas, like NLP, AI, Machine Learning and Big Data as well as within the research and publishing domain.
Passionate about working with big data and making sense out of it for the end users by applying artificial intelligence and machine learning tools and techniques.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Excellent programming skills to ensure elegant solutions with high performance, ideally with proficiency in at least one functional programming language such as Clojure (preferable).
- Ability to work with handling large volumes of data, including parsing, ingestion and indexing
- Fluent in English
- University degree, for example in Computer Science
- Experience with Datomic, Elastic search, Google's Knowledge Graph, NLP, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, ...
Life at Knowledge E
About Knowledge E
At Knowledge E we’re a passionate team of 25+ hands-on entrepreneurs, engineers and research domain experts that want to make the lives of researchers a great deal easier and a bit more fun, and make as significant behind-the-scene-contributions as possible to advancing the research front to the benefit for all of us. We’re well funded through our existing content subscription-based business and grow steadily through new, dynamic research institutions turning to us for our more recent capacity-building training, publishing and discovery services.
The development team currently includes 8 members having roles ranging from Service Design & UX to System Architecture, Frontend & Backend development, Testing & Quality Assurance and Technical Support.
- International, agile and fun team to work with!
- Flexible a generous vacation possibilities
- 1 week free for charity work sponsored by Knowledge E Foundation
- Regular team events & joint after-work activities
- Select your own awesome hardware
- Worrying free compensation package
- Remote work possible