About this job
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only considering candidates based within European or African timezones.
We’re looking for someone who loves to turn data into insights and communicate findings fearlessly. You want to help teams make data-informed decisions and take data-informed actions, you have a curious mindset and are motivated to understand our business better.
You will work within our marketing team to make data-driven recommendations on strategy and keep a finger on the pulse of our business. You will analyze the effectiveness of our paid and content campaigns, analyze lead and customer segments and cohorts, assure our marketing tools are communicating effectively, and much more.
Evaluate the performance of our go-to-market strategy by analyzing funnels and metrics
Analyze data from multiple systems to provide a full funnel view of the performance of marketing channels and the content we promote.
Monitor the state of marketing initiatives and produce data-driven hypotheses and communicate insights
Help the marketing team to better understand their functional areas, improve familiarity with and use of data, set the bar for analytics
Present analysis based recommendations to project leaders and teams to shape decision making
Build data models to accelerate the business by providing deeper insights into visitor and customer behaviours, and feed the team’s hunger for actionable insights
Select and integrate new technologies to promote better segmentation and attribution
Work with lead and customer data to create impactful visualization and insight reports to fuel demand projects.
Understand our marketing tool stack, assure seamless communication and align it with our needs to improve data collection and quality.
3+ years of work experience in analytics/data science or a directly related field – some of which is in a technology environment
Experience initiating and delivering applicable analyses/recommendations to guide impact
Experience with building predictive data models to provide deeper insights
Excellent skills with analytics tools, fluency with BI/visualization tools such as Mode, and knowledge of Excel, R, Python, SQL, or other analysis tools
An understanding of SaaS business models and essential metrics
Experience implementing and integrating a marketing automation platform
Critical reasoning skills, including the understanding of common pitfalls of data analysis
Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- An opportunity to positively impact people’s experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more).
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €50,000 - €70,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered to our new team member will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta and Germany (for candidates who don’t require visa sponsorship). All other new team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
Hotjar is a rapidly growing startup that is giving thousands of website owners the tools needed to discover how their visitors are really using their website. We are looking for passionate and ambitious developers who can help us shape the product and company while growing with us.
Culture at Hotjar:
Headquartered on the beautiful island of Malta, in the “heart” of the Mediterranean, Hotjar is a young startup that embraces remote working and personal development.
Hotjar’s culture is driven by transparency, respect, open discussion, collaboration and blunt and direct feedback. In fact, we’re obsessed with communicating with our users as well as within the team. We hate bureaucracy and slow moving organizations – but we’re suckers for well-defined processes. We love lean, iterative improvements and success is measured by the value we create for our users.
- Remote & Flexible. Work from anywhere within a European timezone.
- Ample Time Off. All team members get 40 days of paid planned leave/year, plus 10 sick days/year and time off to attend conferences / events.
- Collaborate with prestigious organizations. Imagine what it will feels like to be part of a product that is used by companies like Time Inc., Nintendo, Lloyd's Bank, Pingdom, Booking.com, Intuit and the Red Cross.
- Only the best hardware and software. Mac, PC or Linux – we will get you equipped with the best hardware and software available, of your own choice.
- Home Office budget. Every Hotjar team member receives a €4000 home office setup budget, with a yearly €500 top-up thereafter. Upgrade your desk, chair, screens or buy any peripherals you might need.
- Personal Development budget. Everyone receives a free Kindle as well as direct management of their own personal development yearly budget of €1,000. Buy books, short courses or magazine subscriptions.
- Holiday budget. A spend of €2,000/year for each team mate to spend relaxing and recharging on holiday.
- Work Together budget. Even though we're remote, we don't underestimate the value of getting together in person sometimes. Each team member has €2,000/year to spend on travelling to work with other Hotjarians.
- Working Space Allowance. Decide how you want to spend your monthly €200, whether it's on a co-working space, working from a coffee shop, getting your favourite coffee delivered to your home office, etc.
- Wellbeing Allowance. €200/month to spend on your wellbeing, be that physical, mental or spiritual.
- Work with a very talented team. Our team has an impressive background building and optimizing products and businesses around the globe.
- Make a difference. Hotjar is ‘democratizing’ site analytics and feedback by making them affordable and easy to use for everyone around the world. We call it the ‘Hotjar revolution’.