About this job
Who are we looking for?
A mid/senior Go developer to join our backend dev team. You will have strong technical abilities and a passion for solving tough problems. A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and drive is a must.
We are only looking for smart people who can get up to speed quickly
* A strong background in building web services
* Experience with building and architecting services for scale
* Highly competent in either Go, Python, Nodejs or Ruby
A professional attitude to developement
* A desire to write clean maintainable code
* Write code with good test coverage
* A willingness to own the services you build
Being a self-starter who is keen to offer feedback and options on how to solve technical problems
* Discussing design and architecture of features
* Taking initiative when improvement to product and process can be made
* Offer product opinions based on usage a when defining requirements
Communication is key to a successful team, so being able to work and communicate effectively with the rest of your team is a requirement.
* Good written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
* Experience with Go
* Distributed systems knowledge
* Have previously worked with Kafka, Kubernetes and AWS
Life at Outlyer
Outlyer was founded in October 2013 by DevOps engineers who had been in charge of monitoring at several large SaaS companies. Just like the 60 companies we spoke to, we were disgruntled by needing six months to build proper monitoring, using tools that did not scale nor allow for adoption outside of the operations team.
We knew the value of monitoring done right, so we set out to build Outlyer: the only true self-service monitoring platform that enables agility at scale, supports microservices, and builds collaboration between dev and ops. Outlyer is used by world-class DevOps teams at Salesforce, Moz and the BBC.
We continue to monitor differently, innovating at a rapid pace, and empowering our customers to become Outlyers in their respective industries.
- Very competitive salary, with stock options
- Flexible with remote hours
- Free breakfast on Mondays
- Beer (lager and ale), Cider and Prosecco on-tap
- Professional barista onsite serving free coffee all day
- Great office in central London, convenient for travel
- Onsite yoga, mediation and massage