Headquarters: Chicago, IL
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last nine years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 200 team members and built an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work. It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our team.
Hireology is based in Chicago, but our Engineering and UX teams work remotely, so you’ll have the option of working from the comfort of your home or right in our office if you’re local. Compensation is competitive, and we offer a full benefits package. We have regular company-wide events, semi-annual team gatherings, and frequent celebrations when we hit our goals.
As our Senior Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Help implement an easy to use, continuously deployed product
- Participate in DevOps tasks, design reviews, writing stories, coding modules, code reviews, unit testing and automated acceptance testing
- Collaborate with experienced software developers in the design, development, maintenance of our application
- Partner closely with our product and business teams to ensure that we are delivering the best possible outcomes for our internal and external customers
To qualify for consideration you are:
- 5+ years of experience writing applications with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Golang a plus
- Familiar with service-oriented architecture
- Excited about delivering quality and are familiar with unit and acceptance testing frameworks
- Knowledgeable with third party API integrations
- Comfortable in a modern software engineering environment with distributed source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment
- Fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
- Authorized to work in the United States
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Engineering team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with one of our Software Engineers to talk shop. Be prepared to talk about how you approach work technically with examples of how you have done it in the past. No homework or on-the-spot assignments. We just want to nerd out a bit with you.
- Go over your career history with our Vice President of Engineering. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
- Meet virtually with some more of the remote team. We want to give you some idea of the people you will be working with. We ask the serious questions here, like your top three movies.
- Provide us some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.