Headquarters: McLean, Virginia
Interpersonal Frequency (I.F.) is seeking a Front-end Drupal 7 / 8 Developer to add to its growing Development team.
We provide a remote work environment, so you don’t need to move for this job. We encourage face to face collaboration in our regional offices and expect you to travel when required. As a purpose and principles-driven organization, we want talented team members who want to make a difference.
Working remotely means we can bring together some of the best minds in the country. Between video calls and Slack, the distance evaporates quickly, and ideas, projects and puns fly at the speed of light. Working remotely also allows us to find harmony in work / life balance.
Who you are:
- You’re a professional Front-end Drupal Developer/Themer who creates straightforward user experiences and designs beautiful, custom websites.
- You adhere to Drupal standard practices and can interface seamlessly with both designers and back-end developers.
- You bring both creativity and maturity to your work: you’re a self-starter who can jump in quickly and can manage your own time effectively in a remote work environment.
- You’re a team player who loves technology, communicates clearly (verbally and in writing), learns quickly and always carefully unit tests code before hand off.
- You’re skilled at and experienced with collaborating effectively with remote colleagues while working from home.
- You don’t mind travel to various locations (averaging twice per quarter).
- You must either be a US Citizen or already have a Green Card to apply
- 4+ years of experience in the field and/or formal training required
- Strong knowledge Drupal 7 and/or 8 theme development concepts
- Ability to work in a team environment, from creating sites that meet all design requirements, to integrating code from the back-end development team and interacting with clients, both technical and non-technical
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to changing conditions and opportunities
- Ability to read and understand concepts from user stories, comps and wireframes
- Ability to interact with clients, both technical and non-technical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong HTML5 skills; knowledge of how to use appropriate CSS hooks to limit the number of classes and IDs required on a page
- Deep understanding of CSS3 inheritance and how to use it to your advantage
- Strong commitment to managing maintainable, scalable, cross-browser and mobile code across a large site
- Familiar with source control principles of Git or similar
- Willingness to travel to various locations across the United States
- Demonstrated commitment to I.F. Purpose & Principles based on employment history, experience and interview(s)
- Understanding of MV* application design methodology
- Knowledge of Responsive Design Patterns
- Work with SASS, Foundation/Twitter Bootstrap
- Knowledge of build scripts, e.g. Gulp or Grunt
- Familiarity with HTML template systems, e.g. Twig, Handlebars
- Experience in building social sites or apps (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Why work with us?
- Fun, cutting edge remote work environment – ever changing, always a chat away from team members
- Your work directly impacts the lives of millions of Americans every day
- Healthcare, and Dental/Vision/Life/Disability plans
- Unlimited vacation, and a flexible schedule
- Work in a mostly virtual environment or a coworking location. If you work virtually, be prepared to travel at least once a quarter for face-to-face with the team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application materials to [email protected]
To apply: [email protected]