About this job
Our market leading hospitality API platform is partially powered by a remote Data Reader that extracts data from a system and securely transmits it back to Impala to be parsed and made available via our API.
As a Senior C# Developer, you'll:
- Work as the lead developer of our Data Reader product within our engineering team. You'll
also have the opportunity to contribute to other areas of our codebase depending on your interests and experience.
- Participate in building and maintaining logging and monitoring solutions to ensure the continued
functioning of Data Reader instances.
- Collaborate with our product team to suggest and design new features to improve security,
usability and reliability of the Data Reader.
- Mentor other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
What we're looking for:
- An experienced C# developer, with proven success deploying and maintaining production services.
- Someone who is comfortable working on greenfield projects, drawing on experience to choose
technologies that suit the projects requirements.
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing tools and techniques.
- Experience working with SQL databases such as MSSQL and Oracle.
- Someone who avoids over-engineering of solutions and understands how to maintain a high-quality of code in a delivery-focused environment.
What would make you stand out:
- Experience packaging and deploying C# services in an automated fashion, especially including automatic updates.
- Knowledge of AWS, CircleCI, Docker, Terraform, Git.
- Experience working within a remote team.
Life at Impala
Impala is a team of eleven incredibly talented, helpful and outgoing individuals (plus one more modest individual that wrote this job post) all working remotely within -2/+2 GMT. We’re a diverse team that puts building a great product and being happy at work as our two guiding principles. We're also very well funded by industry leading investors.
We're also a remote company, and you will be able to either work from home or from a co-working office, within the UK or mainland Europe.
- A competitive salary and equity based on experience.
- Frequent socials.
- Flexible working hours.
- The ability to work remotely.
- Time dedicated every Friday afternoon for personal projects, lightning talks and team events.
- A monthly allowance for books and other educational materials.
- The opportunity to work alongside a tight knit and driven team.
Where we differ is:
- You'll be working in a company led by an engineer. You won't be asked to do the unrealistic and your skills will be tested and improved.
- You'll be working in a company that puts professional development front and centre.
- You'll have a demonstrable, strong role in product direction.
- We have an incredible culture and community.
- Remote work possible
- Pick your own gear
- Genuine product involvement
- Lots of opportunities for travel
- State of the art office space
- Flexible holiday/working time